Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Parts that do not fit from rockauto or any store really. Master list!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parts that do not fit from rockauto or any store really. Master list!

So i tried searching the forum and couldnt find people with issues of rockauto parts not fitting. not even the thread i made the other week about the brake hoses not fitting. so i thought i would make a thread where people post parts they bought that didnt fit as intended. Please include what the listing says it is and the part number so if people search the item it comes up here. i got a bunch on my last orders, all from rockauto. my idea is eventually if your unsure about a product you just search the part number in the forum and it should pop up on here if someone posted that it doesnt work or fit.

So here goes:

1. Aspire brake hoses do not fit aspire caliper. these are made for the festiva and are listed under aspire. Brand: UBP BH1324

2. upper radiater hose for the festiva. Gates 21008 , i cut it and used it but its twisted funny and theres stress on it. dont buy it.

3. heater to pipe manual transmission heater hose. Gates 18735 was not even close to the shape of either rad hose. I also bought a dayco a while back that is the same and its in the photo. if you try to use it it will trap an air pocket i believe.

4. heater to engine manual transmission heater hose. also not right! With the bends it ends up in a different spot. Gates 18710 , i used this one for the heater core to pipe and it worked decently.

(As a side note the gates lower rad hose i bought matched exactly)

5. Champion 700407 powerpath professional. also napa or beldin spark plug wire set. bought them and they looked and felt super nice but never tried them, sold them to a member for his festiva and he told me they are super long and dont fit well. i have a replacement set coming that i ordered before he told me that and i can update with a photo once i try them.

6. Osc 263 radiator for the festiva. they had it listed as the core being 1.25in thick, it is only 1in thick. after talking with them they admitted their listing was wrong, removed the dimentions listed online and refunded me $10... rad is perfect other than that though, everything matches up well. the other brands on rockauto were listed as having wider and/ or taller cores though.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ryanprins13; 01-25-2017, 08:59 PM.

Don't know about Rock Auto but I got a RF axle for a manual Festiva which didn't fit (was for an auto) and when I looked on the supplier's website it had the same part number for both. Now I check the same part for all the Festivas and Aspires listed to make sure they're not same when they should be different.

Ryan notes a problem with igniton (spark plug) wires. I got mine off a Mazda 323 at a junk yard in new condtion for 99 cents each. Perfect fit.
    Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

Comment

List of Parts I have had problems with so far.

WAGNER AP116229 Info
      Rear Wheel Cylinder 5/8"; GL Model (Had to take a little bit of material off of the Mounting Hole with a Dremel Tool to make them fit)

AIMCO B917499
      Rear Brake Hose; LEFT; GL Model
      AIMCO B916386
      Rear Brake Hose; RIGHT; GL Model (I can't remember the exact issue with these but I think they didn't fit quite right so I ended up not using them)

BECK/ARNLEY 0812685 (Daily Driver)
      Rear Brake Shoes (Had to grind a considerable amount of material off of the bottom metal part so that the Drum would fit on.)
      "The White Turd" 1993 Festiva 144k miles. (Winner of FOTM November 2016)
      sigpic
      "The Rusty Banana" 1990 Yellow 5 Speed Mud Festiva (Lifted with 27" BKT Tractor Tires)(Winner of "Best Beater Award" - Madness 12 - 2018)

"Papa Smurf" 1992 Blue 5 Speed Shell
      "Cracker?" (name pending) 1992 White Auto Shell (Future BP Swap)
      "Green Car..." Scrap Car that Runs?!?
      "Red Car..." Complete Scrap Car

"El Flama Blanca" 1993 Festiva 104k miles. (Lil Brothers Car)
      https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzM...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

No picture but, the rear trans mount for the auto trans is not the same as they advertise , they all are for a stick trans. I did get one from 1990New, he ordered it from 4 Green I believe or it may have been a spare.
        An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.

Comment

Air filters:
          Fram CA6369
          STP SA6369

Both are spec'd for the carbureted Festiva, per Rock Auto (Fram) and Auto Zone (STP). Both filters, identical but for color, are too tall for the air filter housing. The lid will buckle when attempting to secure all 3 clips.

Comment

Shin: that's the part number for the last air filtre I bought for my carburetted '89 Fesiva L many years ago. I saved the box and it's a Fram CA6369. That one fits fine but I just vacuum it now instead of buying a replacement. Here's what it says on the box..
            Cross reference AC A1158C1, LEE AFL-1058, Motorcraft FA-1058, NAPA 6023, Purollator AF-4624, WIX 46023
            Replaces FOMOCO E8BZ-9601-A

I bought my filtre at Canadian Tire and the Canadian Tire label says...
            Part# CA6369FRAM
            Prod# 23-5279-4
            Desc: CA6369 FRAM air filtre
            Vendor part# FCA6369

The height of my air filtre is 1.75"
            Last edited by WmWatt; 01-27-2017, 09:11 PM.
            Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

Comment

The napa/ belden/ powerpath professional 700407 spark plug wires on rockauto dont exactly not work but they are super long. I curled them as much as i could by each plug and their still like 2-3in long each going to the distributor. They are nice and appear to be high quality but too long.

Comment

Very smart thread. Personally, I recommend it be stickied on the repair forum.
                88L - 'Twistiva' - 'The Fusion of Man and Machine'
                88LX - 'Laztiza' - Future Resurrection Project
                91L - 'Mistiva' - My Daughter's DD
                93L - 'Vextiva' - Airport Car

Comment

Brute Force flywheel. Tried two, pilot shaft bearing has loose fit

Comment

Think I found the culprit.

Ordered a set of inner tie-rods at local parts store.

Here's a photo of what I have; passenger side of original rack on top, Detroit Axle rack on bottom, and ordered inner tie-rod in middle.

Click image for larger version.

Name: Steering Rack - Old & Detroit Axle #3.jpg
                    Views: 0
                    Size: 48.3 KB
                    ID: 20677

The Detroit Axle rebuilt unit ordered through Amazon is a bargain at $102 shipped, but have them pull it out and verify that the overall length is 44 1/2" before buying. The one I got from them is 45 1/2" OAL. Not enough adjustment to attain toe-in.

So it'll cost me $130 to do it which is still a bargain. I may list the inner T-R's here in case someone could use them.

Steve

^ above posted from another thread: http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ack-Comparison
                    Last edited by FestYboy; 03-04-2017, 04:47 PM.
                    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

More tie rod stuff. MAS inner tie rod ends listed on rockauto for the festiva are too long. They have 2 part numbers on them:
                      IS288
                      EV288

They are 1/4inch or so too long each. I cut 1/2inch off each of mine.

Comment

Working...
                      X