Tie Rod Removal ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jawja jim View Post
    For the 88-89 I think the bushings can be ordered from Fourgreen, cheap, but possibly 2-3 weeks wait for shipping.

http://www.fourgreen.com/store/scrip...H-p-MDX0132114
    Those are for the aluminum housing rack Jim. I ordered several of them a few years ago.
    The id is the same though and I gound off one and put in it a steel housing rack but not sure how long it will hold tight.

Comment

This is old news now, but I'll post quickly for those who may stumble across this thread in the future.
      To remove an inner rod end, hold the rack in a good bench vice and use leverage. I usually use a 2' cheater pipe on a good fitting wrench. As the inner rod end rotates it will push the roll pin out. It will not shear it, just leverage it out. That's how it's designed.

The racks from the festiva store come with delrin bushings installed on both ends, as apposed to the wimpy single bushing from the factory. Not a big difference for DD applications.
      ~Nate

the keeper of a wonderful lil car, Skeeter.

Current cars:
      91L "Skeeter" 170k, Aspire brakes, G15, BP, Advancedynamics coil overs, etc. My first love.
      1990 Kawasaki Ninja 250 - my gas saver, 60+mpg - 40k
      2004 MotoGuzzi Breva - my "longer range" bike - 17k

FOTY 2008 winner!

Comment

Working...
      X