Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need info for carburetor or rebuild kit for '89 1.3 liter

HI there,
    I just got my first Festiva and am trying to track down a float or rebuild kit, or another carb. I have a 5 speed '89 with the 1.3. Can anyone suggest a good website or place to get a rebuild kit for this carb? The carb tag is gone, so all I know is that its an Asian. Can anyone tell me if this motor is foreign made?....and what other applications it might have beenused with? I have 2 junkyards here in town, so could I find this carb on a Mazda or Toyota? Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Steve

The Festiva carb has a unique mounting flange bolt pattern. Except for the the 1.6 carbed version found in foreign sold Mazda's, I don't know of any other car that uses the same carb. Even the 1.6 version is slightly different even though the bolt pattern is the same. Festivas use a "B" series Mazda engine. You can find a lot of information here on the engines. Advance Auto Parts sells a rebuild kit for about $30. I don't know if the kit includes a float or not, but if you need one, I should be able to find one in my junk parts.
    A couple years ago, I bought a new carb from Festiva Motorsports. The price was in the high $300's like $360 or $370. He has a lot of parts you can't find anywhere else, but he is very difficult to get hold of. here is his website:
    http://www.festivamotorsport.com/ Try calling him after 3:00 p.m. Don't bother leaving a message because he won't return your call.
    You gonna race that thing?
    http://www.sdfcomputers.com/Festivaracing.htm

Comment

Hey there, and thanks for the reply! Some very good information to get me started and on my way. It turns out that we do have a float after all...and I also found 2 '89s with full carbs in the junkyard here yesterday. I'm glad I don't listen to others as I was told by my associate that there weren't any there.

Bust just for information sake I thought Id mention that I called Advance and that the float doesn't come with the rebuild kit($31.49). Thanks for the offer of looking in your parts as well. And I did find the FestivaMotorsports site...pretty good site. I also found a good site for rebuilt carbs for $250, which happens to offer one for the Festiva. I'm sorry I cant post the name of it as it slips my mind at the moment. I have it written down and can post it later for others.

Looking forward to learning about the B series Mazda! Thanks a bunch. Your post was very helpful.
      Steve

Comment

Working...
      X