Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Timing belt and water pumps for B6T, original Mazda or is Gates ok?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Timing belt and water pumps for B6T, original Mazda or is Gates ok?

I will be doing preventative maintenance on my B6T engine before it is installed and at the top of my list is timing belt with idlers and a water pump. Has anyone had any issues with Gates timing belt idler kit? Same question on water pump, GMB or Mazda? My 1991 engine will also get a new Mazda crankshaft bolt and woodruff key. Anyone have the Mazda part number? Front and rear main seals seem to be OK as well as pan gasket.......maybe leave well enough alone. Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by Rick the Quick; 02-15-2017, 08:02 AM.
    '88 Festiva LX 5 speed, A/C, Carb, restored $$$ body paint, badly wrecked @ 200k.
    '93 Festiva L, 5 speed, Aqua, bought from the original owner,.Zero rust but very nasty otherwise. Awaits the B6T.
    '91 Festiva L, 5 speed, bought to drive while putting the B6T in the '93. now B6ME powered.

Gates is fine. That's what I have used several times for both parts.
    90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
    09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Thank you Tom! Next time I drive through Missouri how about we meet for a cup of coffee?
      '88 Festiva LX 5 speed, A/C, Carb, restored $$$ body paint, badly wrecked @ 200k.
      '93 Festiva L, 5 speed, Aqua, bought from the original owner,.Zero rust but very nasty otherwise. Awaits the B6T.
      '91 Festiva L, 5 speed, bought to drive while putting the B6T in the '93. now B6ME powered.

Comment

I have a bolt and key. Its oem I got it for my b6t but number 2 cylinder was trashed. I wanna said it's was like 40 or,so for both + shipping. I'm not going to use it and I'll sell it for what I have in it. I'll check today after work for what I payed if your interested. Also have a mostly full felpro gasket kit well if interested again I'll sell for what I payed
        And a t belt and water pump kit
        Last edited by william; 02-15-2017, 10:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick the Quick View Post
          Thank you Tom! Next time I drive through Missouri how about we meet for a cup of coffee?
          Lemme know when via PM.
          90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
          09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

If you're doing PM before installing the B6t, do the front and rear main seal. Easier to do it now while it's out.
            Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
            94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Originally posted by william View Post
              I have a bolt and key. Its oem I got it for my b6t but number 2 cylinder was trashed. I wanna said it's was like 40 or,so for both + shipping. I'm not going to use it and I'll sell it for what I have in it. I'll check today after work for what I payed if your interested. Also have a mostly full felpro gasket kit well if interested again I'll sell for what I payed
              And a t belt and water pump kit
              I will pm you....thanks!

Comment

Working...
              X