Help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help please

Hey guys, I am stuck and hope someone can help. I just bought 2 1993 Festiva's they both had been sitting for a few years, had to have a module on both one cranks up and runs good the other has us stuck we have no fire on the plug or coil wire, we went by the repair book and checked everything it said with a test light and an ohm meter. The plug that plugs into the distributer should burn bright on 2 of the terminals when checked but they are both real low one you just barely can see. So we are stuck and don't know what to do for it to get the power it needs, has anyone got ant idea's of what it could be. Thanks Granny

You need a DVOM and then trace the wire, probing it untill you get battery voltage. Only the black with white wire should have voltage when unplugged from the coil. Check all your fuses as well.
    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

I have fire going to the coil, just not any spark on the plug wires and the plug on the distributer shows weak on the test light.

Comment

May just have a weak coil. Did you DVOM the coil windings?

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),

Comment

Thank you, we just this evening got to check the wires with a DVOM we had to take the fender off and where the wires were put together from the factory they were loosing fire but we finally got it to crank. Thank you so much. Now i am trying to find a place where i might can order a float for the fuel pump. But again thank you.

Comment

Get a float from Rockauto.com
            Thom-Lifes too short, don't blink
            93 Festiva (Little Red Truck)
            01 F-150 (Big Red Truck)

Comment

The float itself can be had from several Mazda vehicles, however the sending unit is Festiva specific.

Comment

Thank ya'll

Comment

What year and type of Mazda do i need to look for.

Comment

Should be able to find a million 323 protege's in your local junkyard. That should get you a working float. Also, 2 door aspires use the same tank, so that's another option.

Comment

Thanks Festyboy, just went today and ordered a brand new assembly with everything included. Thanks

Comment

Working...
                      X