A/c wiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A/c wiring

Hey guys, just trying to figure out 3 plugs on my a/c wiring. I bought a factory a/c kit out of an automatic so it has the fan, the car im installing it in is a manual and did not have a/c before.
    -the switch for shutting off the a/c when you floor the gas- i cannot find it in the wiring diagram. I got a switch but cannot find any wires to plug into it. Is it perhaps the automatic trans kickdown switch? I dont know what that switch looks like, anyone got a photo of this a/c switch?

- one plug on the a/c wiring i cannot find a mate to in my cabin wiring harness. It should go under the dash on the drivers side somewhere. Looks like this:

And its the multi wire plug here:

The third one is the white wire in the above photo. In the wiring diagram above it says its mate is in the auto trans only. So i just run a fused power feed to it i believe.
    If im wrong about that please correct me, and any help with the first 2 would be awesome!

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

What, no Coleman cooler?....htd
    Good luck Ryan!
    '88 Festiva LX 5 speed, A/C, Carb, restored $$$ body paint, badly wrecked @ 200k.
    '93 Festiva L, 5 speed, Aqua, bought from the original owner,.Zero rust but very nasty otherwise. Awaits the B6T.
    '91 Festiva L, 5 speed, bought to drive while putting the B6T in the '93. now B6ME powered.

Comment

I posted this once before:

Factory Carb A/C

Factory EFI A/C

Are you saying that you do not have an accelerator switch for wide open throttle, which cuts out the A/C for uphill passing?

I can't see your photos for some reason.
      Last edited by bravekozak; 02-20-2017, 07:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick the Quick View Post
        What, no Coleman cooler?....htd
        Good luck Ryan!
        Ha, no. It would have been cheaper and easier im thinking though...

Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
        I posted this once before:

Factory Carb A/C

Factory EFI A/C

Are you saying that you do not have an accelerator switch for wide open throttle, which cuts out the A/C for uphill passing?

I can't see your photos for some reason.
        Oh, thats strange, i hope these work. I had the wrong connecter circled in the original photo anyway. I suck at wiring diagrams.

I got a switch, however i cannot find wires for it and im wondering if its the automatic kickdown switch and not the a/c switch?

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
        Last edited by ryanprins13; 02-20-2017, 10:21 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X