No announcement yet.

HELP!! CAR WONT START

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can and should replace those fuseable links with PAL fuses.
    There's 2 different lengths make sure you get the ones with the longer legs.
    You should be able to find them local or get them from a wrecking yard.
    I agree sounds like the disty.

Comment

Originally posted by Littlebeastxxx View Post
      Quick update, have borrowed a coil from a wreckers that they know works, chucked it in my car and still nothing, ive been everywhere i can think of in my town (btw im in nz not auzzie haha 2 very different places 😂 ) and noone has (or even hurd of) the fuseable link, will i have to order them from over seas maybe or can i make my own? (Ive found the clips i need)

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
      No offense intended
      Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
      94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Originally posted by Studebaker View Post
        Our cars in the states have 3 fuses. Your car only came with two. Interesting

Your car is acting just like a bad dizzy. When you replace it. Replace it with a new rebuilt unit. Not a used one which maybe bad also.
        Unfortunately these cars are very scarce in my neck of the woods and parts are hard to come by, ive finally found one at a out of town wreckers whos is 99% sure its a good one about to put it in and see if she starts [emoji108]

Comment

Originally posted by Littlebeastxxx View Post
          (btw im in nz not auzzie haha 2 very different places 😂 ) k
          True that, the auzzie ladies cant find a battery, let alone a dizzy.

Morningside for life!

Comment

!!UPDATE!!
            SUCCESS!! Thanks guys it was the distributor,

Comment

!!UPDATE!!
              SUCCESS!! Thanks guys it was the distributor, have a feeling it was the ICM from what someone said sorry cant remember ur name, so big thanks dont know what id do with out this forum

Comment

That'd be me, you local neighborhood goofball. There are only 2 things that can fail inside the dizzy: the ICM, and the pickup coil. Everything else is mechanical and isn't subject to wear. Outside the dizzy, there's the vacuum advance diaphragm, but that won't affect spark production, just the timing.
                Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Working...
                X