Cruise control VSS options?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cruise control VSS options?

Universal rostra kit. I installed new axles and the magnets didn't remove easily from the old axles. Is there a better alternative to the $50 magnet kit? Tried this. It threaded onto the trans fine but the speedo cable is too small to thread onto this.

Can you use one from an aspire with cruse? I'm not sure if they used an inline type or what, but I've been looking for a way to add a vss for an mpguino. I'll be checking here to see what you come up with.

Comment

Cruise wasn't a factory option for festy or aspire. I would look into mid 90s proteges for their vss.
      Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
      94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Sometimes I give up too easy! In my search for the magnets I misplaced, I decided to try the VSS again. It screwed on perfect, but quite a bit of slack now on the speedo cable. I just so happened to have a trailer plug and it plugs perfect to the VSS.

The original ebay post read "SC85 NEW Vehicle Speed Sensor 4CYL 1.3L FORD FESTIVA (89-93)"

I paid $35 for it but I see them easily over $100 too and anywhere in between. Also the are many different part numbers, not sure of the differences.

I have not proven this to work yet as my car is still not back on the road yet. I figure I have at the least a 50 percent chance of wiring it correctly. I will post a follow up after I get a chance to try it out.

Comment

Keep us in formed, we would like to hear about how this turns out.
          An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.

Comment

That's a very common plug in older Fords I believe. Speakers and such.
            91GL BP/F3A with boost
            13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Skrap, I was going to install a Rostra before I bought an NOS Festiva cruise kit.

I still have the Rostra lying around. I wired cruise right to the stalk.
              It works perfectly with my manual transmission.
              Last edited by bravekozak; 03-06-2017, 11:29 PM.

Comment

i think this looks like the exact parts that come in the OEM ford festy CC kit. pretty great price considering you get the cable extension too.

Comment

and these ARE the actual parts from the Ford kit.

Comment

Sweet, thanks for the ideas! Wish I had known of these before, but the one I have is spinning and I have a working speedometer, so hoping it will work.

Will the polarity make a difference with the wires?

Comment

Working...
                    X