New 88 festiva basic info..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New 88 festiva basic info..

Hey all! My first post here.. I just bought an 88 Festiva 4 spd manual for $450 and it has some issues.

In that photo album theres a couple things I'm lost on. Theres a wire on the driver side wall that is cut and I don't know what it goes to. There is another wire that runs from the front to the rear and I think it's the hatch wire, which is cut as well. Also, my temp gauge and gas gauge don't work on my dash. I'd like to fix those and especially the gas when I have everything ripped apart. Any info on these would be wonderful Thank you allunnamed (1).jpgunnamed (2).jpgunnamed.jpg
    Last edited by greasyboi; 03-13-2017, 05:09 PM.

Black wire in you last picture is just a ground.
    As for the gas gauge it's probably the sending unit in the tank sadly there not easy to find I had to get a used one from the junkyard.
    If you pull it out of the tank you'll see the wair marks it breaks from the little peace swipin back and forth along the coiled wires.
    This all will make sense if you pull it out of the tank.

The 2nd picture looks like an old coax cable from a cb or something can't really tell
    Last edited by william; 03-13-2017, 06:07 PM.

Comment

Thank you! I'll have to see if any junk yards around here carry festivas. Also Do you know what it could be there ground for?

Comment

I can't remember where it goes if you pull that plate you should see. I think it's just grounding the fuel filler neck for static build but I can't remember.
        And for the sending unit there carb cars are different then the efi so look for a 88 89 for the sending unit.
        Last edited by william; 03-13-2017, 06:28 PM.

Comment

thank you very much william. Any info on which sensor is the sending unit for the dash?

Comment

It's a small sensor in the head on the passenger side it's a single barrel style connection.
            You can ground the wire and the gauge should go right to hot.

Comment

Working...
            X