Air hoses underneath the dash?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air hoses underneath the dash?

Hello guys is it possible after removing the dash to change out some wires that I just connected in air hose underneath the dash are there any such air hoses that go underneath the dash? The car is not idling normally and it seems like I have an air leak somewhere and I checked everywhere I can think of.

Nope, all the HVAC is mechanical. The only thing from the dash that could possibly cause an air leak to the engine would be the brake booster, but there's nothing of that system that comes through the firewall except the pedal pushrod.
    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

I think I may have found the air leak.....at least I hope. One of the two bolts that connect the fuel pump to the engine is is broken off leaving the rest of the bolt still there. Could this be my air leak ? There is no smell of a gas leak but there is what appears to be a small amount of oil leaking. It is on the back side and under the air cleaner, so I never really noticed until I really started checking for air leaks from hoses. I am going to attempt to back out that broken bolt and replace. If my air leak isnt fixed by this repair, what next? Solenoids?

Comment

No air leak from that point, that won't cause any change in manifold vacuum. You may want to look at the egr valve and area.
        Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
        94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Take a few minutes to read through this Popular Mechanics article and you will have a much better understanding
          about vacuum leaks and how to find them.
          http://www.popularmechanics.com/cars...a-vacuum-leak/

Comment

Thanks guys will do. This article is a great help!

Comment

Working...
            X