Haynes manual showing aspire/trio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haynes manual showing aspire/trio

just wondering if this contains the relevant information for my 1990 b3 DA 121? Is there a better option than this for a workshop manual?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There was a Ford Factory Service Manual sold in the US but it is for LHD models, not sure id it was available in AU or not
    Will Samet

JDMSTIVA - Rest in Peace. Festiva of the Month, May '16 - Best Beater & Bad Luck Award, FMX - (Build Thread)

JDMSTIVA V2 - Racecar, Showcar, Work in Progress - (Build Thread)

1990 LX - B6D swapped, mostly stock.

How to find me:
    Facebook messenger is the best way. m.me/willsamet
    Feel free to PM me anytime!
    Reddit / Snapchat / everywhere else: w4rky
    Instagram/Twitter: @WILLSAMET

Comment

My Haynes manual purchased in North America says it's for the Festiva and Aspire and does not mention the Mazda 121. You might find that edition on the Internet but shipping could be pricey. I'd search on Aspire manual.
      Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

Comment

Try to find an actual Ford service manual. Much better than Haynes and Chilton's.
        Rick
        1993 Ford Festiva
        1986 AMC Eagle Wagon 4.2L/4.0L head, AW4,NP242, Chrysler 8.25" rear. SOLD
        1981 AMC Eagle Wagon-As Seen on TV Lost In Transmission
        2000 Ford E350

Comment

This is the closest I can find. Did much change on the fords from 86 through to 90?
          We only got the five door festivas here, not sure if they're the same as the 121. I've never really had a chance to look at differences, if there is any apart from two more doors.

Comment

Surprising what all ''factory'' service manuals leave out.

Comment

Another one you could look for is the Kia Pride. Don't know if there is a separate manual for them. If so it might be in Korean or Japanese.
              Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

Comment

The biggest differences will be the wiring diagrams. See if you can find an electrical manual for your market. Mechanically, they are similar, but there will be differences.
                No car too fast !

Comment

Originally posted by denguy View Post
                  Surprising what all ''factory'' service manuals leave out.
                  The Haynes, together with the FSM is a good combination. I am less than impressed with Chilton, except as a good, compact source of lots of specs.
                  "Blue92"- 92L 5 spd, original owner- 185K, B8,DD..
                  "Pedro"-88L 5-spd, B6D (built by Advancedynamix)
                  "Blanca"-92 GL auto, 125K(FM8 Lowest Miles)- B6 daughter's DD
                  "Tractor Blue"- 89 L auto, 110K
                  "Chester"-88 LX, runs but not street legal
                  "Wenona"-89L parts car
                  "Flame"- 89 LX 5 spd ,parts car

Comment

any mazda 121 workshop manual marked 87 or 88 will give you repair info on all systems and basic wiring schematics that will apply to the 3 year model run from 88-90. some countries got 121s starting in 87. this is the thick manual. mazda also published a thinner electrical supplement manual for each year that covered all electrical systems with detailed schematics on pages that unfolded to about 16" wide. another supplement was available that highlighted changes between the 88 and 89-90 models such as different grill or canvas top switch function change. kinda minor and not really necessary. lastly that i know of is a body supplement. very worthwhile if you were doing any panel replacement
                    i think the price for the one you show is a little high but a RHD AU manual in english is harder to find than german ones and would be more specific to your countries emissions and calibrations. kinda depends how deep you intend to get into repairs. if just basic mechanical then probably a festiva manual with carb section will do you fine.
                    Last edited by F3BZ; 03-31-2017, 12:18 AM.

Comment

Thanks for all the replies guys, as you can probably tell I'm just starting out working on my own car, although I have pretty basic mechanical knowledge from working on two stroke motorbikes when I was younger, so it's quiet a step up to start working on the 121

Originally posted by F3BZ View Post
                      any mazda 121 workshop manual marked 87 or 88 will give you repair info on all systems and basic wiring schematics that will apply to the 3 year model run from 88-90. some countries got 121s starting in 87. this is the thick manual. mazda also published a thinner electrical supplement manual for each year that covered all electrical systems with detailed schematics on pages that unfolded to about 16" wide. another supplement was available that highlighted changes between the 88 and 89-90 models such as different grill or canvas top switch function change. kinda minor and not really necessary. lastly that i know of is a body supplement. very worthwhile if you were doing any panel replacement
                      i think the price for the one you show is a little high but a RHD AU manual in english is harder to find than german ones and would be more specific to your countries emissions and calibrations. kinda depends how deep you intend to get into repairs. if just basic mechanical then probably a festiva manual with carb section will do you fine.
                      Thanks for the detailed reply, so the fsm from 86, might be to early for my model? Yeah, I just plan to do basic repairs and have the manual handy so I can diagnose problems and become familiar with what's going on with all the extra wires, vacuum lines and sensors.
                      I have to replace my clutch very soon, maybe even the tranny and I have a feeling this would save me up to $500 (au) by doing it myself instead of sending it to a shop

Comment

There is also this from gregorys

Repair your vehicle TODAY with Haynes' help. Online, digital, PDF and print manuals for all popular cars and motorcycles

And this site has heaps of info for parts, exploded views etc for many mazdas http://mazdaepc.com/
                        Last edited by reddragon; 04-01-2017, 10:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by reddragon View Post
                          There is also this from gregorys

Repair your vehicle TODAY with Haynes' help. Online, digital, PDF and print manuals for all popular cars and motorcycles

And this site has heaps of info for parts, exploded views etc for many mazdas http://mazdaepc.com/
                          That Mazda website is just what I needed. Legend

Comment

Working...
                          X