Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1992 Capri not running

Hey all -
    I recently picked up a 92 mercury capri for a b6t swap i would like to do on my 1990 festiva, but i cant seem to get the motor running (which i would like to do before getting it out of the car - i think?) the motor has compression and I changed the plugs and wires. Im not sure i hear the fuel pump engaging when I turn the ignition on - does anyone have any inline pump suggestions that I might be able to use in my final festiva application?

Also, i bought the car because it had stopped running and the ecu was believed to be the culprit. I took it apart and found two resistors that looked pretty bad, replaced them, but didnt see anything else. Does anyone have any experience in what to look for/how to test the various pieces on the ecu board? or maybe does someone have an extra ecu? The MAF sensor also looks to have been tampered with, so I will post an ad in the wated section here for one of those as well.

Any help would be tremendously appreciated. i am very far behind in my build schedule for this and with the warm weather and longer days its time to try to get something done.

Thanks!
    TC

The switch for the fuel pump is in the AFM, key on if you push the vane open a little, you should hear the pump run.
    In the ECU, use a jewlers loupe or strong magnifying glass to look at the solder joints, any with an annular ring is a cracked joint, remelt it with a small solder pencil. If it wont run at all, probably not the ECU.
    Good luck!
    No car too fast !

Comment

Working...
    X