93 Rear Stub Axles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 93 Rear Stub Axles

Looking for some stub axles on my 93. Anybody know where I can get some? I need a passenger side but will buy a set if anybody has one.
    93 Festiva B6 5spd

Let me guess, some "mechanic" used an air gun or breaker bar to force the nut "off" not paying attention to the fact that the passenger side is left hand thread, and destroyed the spindle threads in the process?

You can use a driver side and drill it for a castle nut from an Aspire in case you can't locate a passenger side (they are now hen's teeth because of the above description​).
    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Bicycle pedals are the same. Some engineer must have thought they would unscrew themselves as the vehicle rolls along.
      Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

Comment

I just went through this, wish I just did an aspire swap, wouldn't have cost much more and been just as easy to find by the time everything is said and done.

Comment

So can I use a drivers side stub axle on the passenger side? Are the aspire stub axles the same as the festiva ones? There is some on eBay but obviously the passenger one is pretty spendy. Just looking for some suggestions on what would be best.
          93 Festiva B6 5spd

Comment

a driver side will need to be modified as its not threaded the same you are best off getting a passenger side unless you want to do some extra leg work. I believe there was a set in the f/s thread on here a couple weeks back. If you go the aspire route your going replace the entire rear beam no just the spindles. you will being going to a whole different lug pattern, bigger brakes, and a better suspension for not a whole lot more money. I've complete aspires non running for under $350 locally, but your getting into a project at that point.

Good luck on whatever you decide.

Comment

looks like these just sold for a very reasonable price given the demand for them, sorry.

If anyone ever finds these in a junk yard it would be an auto pull part for me as it seems they are frequently in demand and are easily $50 bills each. Maybe we should sticky a reverse thread warning thread to curb this headache.

Comment

Try www.car-part.com. I would just look for any Festiva part close to your ZIP and give them a call. Spindles are usually listed for the front, and axle beam for the rear, but they will most likely separate the spindles for you.
                93 GL

Comment

Thanks for the help guys, I got ahold of a stub axle and all I need to do is pull it off this weekend. Are they hard to get off? I've read that some people have had trouble getting them off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  93 Festiva B6 5spd

Comment

The worst part is removing the lower strut bolt. If it comes​out, the rest is fairly easy.
                    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Working...
                    X