Vapor lock maybe.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vapor lock maybe.

Mark the fella with the Festiva truck some of you saw it at Madness 10, ok so the problem is, if your driving the car like we did on the way to Madness and you stop to get gas, some times it will not start up again until you pull or remove the fuel line from the regulator, the pressure is relieved, hook up the fuel line and the truck will restart like normal but this doesn't happen every time you stop for gas after a long run. we have changed the regulator but still happens, also the truck did not have this problem until we changed the engine, not sure what that has to do with it but there it is. any thoughts. Thanks
    An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.

Remind me of the year and fuel delivery system?
    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

injected 92.
      An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.

Comment

First, there should be no fuel pressure after the regulator. If you are finding that there is pressure in the return line, address this first. Injection systems can't be vapor locked. Even if the fuel in the rail was to boil, as soon as the injectors opened for start up, that vapor would be relieved, and the pump would be pushing fresh fluid under sufficient pressure to mitigate any further boiling. I would suggest that a fuel pressure gauge be placed in line to observe when it acts up. I'm assuming you've​ verified that there is spark during the no start condition...
        Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
        94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

yes I have and yes it does, I will get a fuel pressure gauge installed to see whats up.

Comment

Working...
          X