No announcement yet.

A/C temperature adjustment.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, I checked the temp on lil Blue my 92 and temp got down to 50 degrees. I tried turning the small screw that it shows in first post picture all way to left and no change, turned all way to right, no change. So I screw it all way to right, then turned it all way to left counting turns. Then I put it in middle. Temp still shows 50 degrees. I tested temp on my 2014 fusion and it only got down to 45 degrees. So, I guess my festiva is doing good. If I put just a small amount of Freon in it, what should I use if I cant get R-12. I just want to put a small amount, maybe oz or 2 to see if it helps.
    Thom-Lifes too short, don't blink
    93 Festiva (Little Red Truck)
    01 F-150 (Big Red Truck)

Comment

Originally posted by milehighbear View Post
      Ok, I checked the temp on lil Blue my 92 and temp got down to 50 degrees. I tried turning the small screw that it shows in first post picture all way to left and no change, turned all way to right, no change. So I screw it all way to right, then turned it all way to left counting turns. Then I put it in middle. Temp still shows 50 degrees. I tested temp on my 2014 fusion and it only got down to 45 degrees. So, I guess my festiva is doing good. If I put just a small amount of Freon in it, what should I use if I cant get R-12. I just want to put a small amount, maybe oz or 2 to see if it helps.
      Thats interesting, does your compressor cycle in and out? Does the temp go up and down when it kicks in and out? Where you driving or idling?
      As for topping up i went to the site of the product i used and it said this:
      "Evacuation of the refrigerant in the system is recommended prior to installing RED TEKŪ 12a refrigerant. Recover all existing refrigerants into a suitable approved container and mark appropriately, as*FEDERAL REGULATIONS PROHIBIT THE VENTING OF REFRIGERANTS INTO THE ATMOSPHERE. Although RED TEKŪ 12a is compatible with most existing refrigerants and oils,*DO NOT MIX REFRIGERANTS. Mixing refrigerants is illegal in Canada and the US and will not offer the maximum performance available from RED TEKŪ 12a."

Sounds like its compatable but illegal to do.
      Do you have gauges you can hook up to see if your pressure is actually low?
      Could be moisture in there or low pressure. But 50f is sort of at the point where its debatable weather its worth trying to fix. Fixing ac stuff gets expensive and time consuming quickly.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

I was actually sitting there idling but I had my foot on gas and kept it reved up for about 5-10 minutes. when I idled, it went to 60 degrees and when I revved up and kept it there it dropped to 50. I was just wondering even thou I screwed the little screw ccw and cw it made no difference at all. do I need a new thermostat switch since in changed nothing like it is suppose too. I usually drive the car when wife goes somewhere in fusion and I need to go somewhere too, which may be only 1-2 a week. I just wanted to get an idea as to where temp should be and if the switch inside isn't working.
        Thom-Lifes too short, don't blink
        93 Festiva (Little Red Truck)
        01 F-150 (Big Red Truck)

Comment

They don't do very well at idle. I would see what the temp is when you're driving.
          Rick
          1993 Ford Festiva
          1986 AMC Eagle Wagon 4.2L/4.0L head, AW4,NP242, Chrysler 8.25" rear. SOLD
          1981 AMC Eagle Wagon-As Seen on TV Lost In Transmission
          2000 Ford E350

Comment

Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
            I once owned an Iraqui Malibu that was wired not to cycle. It was meant for export to the desert where it would be on full blast all of the time. They were all equipped with big six cylinder axial A/C compressors. North American Malibus only had 4 cylinder radial A/C compressors. I suppose that if you want to test not cycling, just remove the two wires from the thermostat and plug them together with a double spade connector. Let us know if that works.

The main problem for everyone, is that there is no valve to block off hot engine coolant from flowing through the heater core.
            The Festiva A/C has to continually battle heat from the heater core inside the blower housing.
            I would install a heater control valve in the heater hose going from the engine to the heater core.
            That will cool things down a lot!
            A manual valve will look like this. You just have to find one for our hose diameter.
            I have disconnected my heater core since I drive in the summer only.
            Aloha.
            I actually planned to do that on my festiva before we do our trip next year to help the a/c, but am realizing this summer just how much i use the heat! Mornings even in june, July and august get below 50f a few times and are almost always below 57f when i drive to work, so i use the heat more than the a/c in the summer still.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
            X