Positive camber on front tire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bhazard View Post
    Make sure you replace the control arm to sway bar bushings too. Moog k9737.
    Sorry didn't see this before I posted.
    30 + Vehicle projects right now.7 Festiva/Mazda 10 GM IDK how many others,hope that helps explain all the stupid questions/shortcuts/interchanges etc. trying to liquidate so I concentrate on the good ones. Goal finish 1 amonth using as much stuff as I already have accumulated.

Comment

Got new ball joints on their way and a 'new' strut from the donor car. I'll let you know if and how I fix the issue.
      '93 Festiva L "Blue Beauty"
      '91 Festiva L (Red, parts car, future project)
      '90 Festiva L (Junker, Red)
      '98 Explorer XLT "Exploder"

Comment

Because I was one of the guys, if not the only guy running that big fancy alignment machine at 1 dealership, 3 mom and pop shops,and two 2 franchise stores, The honest truth is on a car with no adjustments you are just as well off to do it yourself. These cars have front camber and front toe settings only,both of which you can set yourself. If you do choose to get it aligned go to a Mom and Pop shop. if you have to go to a franchise I would not pay extra for the lifetime alignment.On your return alignment, the tech gets payed warranty rate, the two shops I worked at payed 2/10ths of an hour to the tech on all return alignments so most of them if they were remotely close the tech would bump a head or push up on the front bumper or push the tires apart push em together whatever and then hit print they aren't going to spend an hour getting your car right for 2/10ths of an hrs pay. And P.S. most of the time none of them are shooting for ideal. they are shooting for within specification which can be a fairly broad spread. I can go on and on but if you get your tires as straight up and down as you can with the only two positions you have and set your toe. that is all they are going to do unless you are willing to paying extra for making things adjustable.I can go on and on about calibration,training, expierience,I can tell you the impractical stuff they teach you at seminars, blah blah blah. There is a well known saying among alignment techs {set the toe and let it go} Wow isn't it amazing how you can figure things out just from writing something down? It just occored to me the Mom and Pops rely on your word of mouth and return business the franchise 1/2 of those techs doubt they are ever going to see your car again,a different tech will get it, a different location will get it, etc. so as long as it go's away and they can get on to the next job, or go to lunch, or go home they are happy I am not saying all franchise techs are bad, but they aren't all good.
        Last edited by ricko1966; 08-29-2017, 09:38 PM.
        30 + Vehicle projects right now.7 Festiva/Mazda 10 GM IDK how many others,hope that helps explain all the stupid questions/shortcuts/interchanges etc. trying to liquidate so I concentrate on the good ones. Goal finish 1 amonth using as much stuff as I already have accumulated.

Comment

Working...
        X