speed problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• speed problem

im having a problem with the car after replacing clutch when i get up to 55mph in the car stops accelerating till it goes back down to 45 which it starts again to 55 any ideas?

WHat year is the car? Is it a carby car? Sounds like a fuel issue just from the very little info you gave. Please give more detail about the car to help us better understand what is going on.
    1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
    1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
    1989 (BRITSTIVA 1.0) B6T and sold
    19?? 150$ burnout car SOLD
    1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

91 festiva

Comment

start with the most basic stuff 1st. Check the fuel filter under the hood. Does it look clogged? MIhgt be a good idea to go ahead and swap it out for a new one anyway. When you hit the 55mph does it just cut off all at once or does it kinda just lose power or does it spilt and shake. Can you rev the motor up in park.

More info!!!
        1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
        1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
        1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

sorry i dont know alot to be able to give great detail when i hit 55 it just stops accelertating and slowly winds down to 45 when it hits 45 it picks right back up engine can be rev in park

Comment

Check to make sure all wires are nice and firmly connected under the hood. Check to make sure the fuel filter is good.

If the car is stalling at the same point each time you might have a bad sensor. If it was a fuel issue and u hit that point it would studder i would think.

start checking everything over. lose or broken connection to the dissy or the tps (or whatever its called) would be my 1st thought
            1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

Check all the wires and connections at the transmission. Make sure none of the wires got pinched anywhere or have bare spots where they can ground out. Fireball had very similiar problem two of the wires to the transmission had melted insulation from fire.
              30 + Vehicle projects right now.7 Festiva/Mazda 10 GM IDK how many others,hope that helps explain all the stupid questions/shortcuts/interchanges etc. trying to liquidate so I concentrate on the good ones. Goal finish 1 amonth using as much stuff as I already have accumulated.

Comment

Transmission slipping at higher rpm's/ higher load?
                Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

Comment

If you didnt replace the clutch? What does the person who replaced say about the problem?

A you tube video may help us.

Comment

If in 3rd gear, can you hit the rev limiter? Can you do the same in 2nd?
                    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Working...
                    X