Help B6 TOUCHING FIREWALL OF FORD FESTIVA HOW TO FIX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help B6 TOUCHING FIREWALL OF FORD FESTIVA HOW TO FIX

Hey guys its my first swap ,from a 1.3 to a b6 dohc 1.6 but i run into a few problem and would really love some help here in jamaica. the problem i am having is my b6 engine is touching the firewall of my festiva and causing the car to vibrate any trick or solution is welcome, thanks in advance

Put spacers between the front of the transmission cross member to body mounts. You must be using some weird jdm intake if it's hitting the firewall.
    Better Than Nothing Racing

Way too many cars

:woc:

Comment

no bro i am using the stock b6 intake

Comment

can you show pictures of the motor mounts and under the hood in general?
        1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
        1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
        1989 (BRITSTIVA 1.0) B6T and sold
        19?? 150$ burnout car SOLD
        1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

i wonder if he has that 16 valve SOHC head. i had or have that and remember the intake being a good bit longer than the 8 valver.

Comment

^the 16v sohc is tight! If it's on the stock trans do as shorestiva said and space the crossmember down.

Comment

Working...
            X