Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headliner Removal?

Hey everyone.

One big issue I have with my Festiva is that is has the original headliner in the car. What is left is horn up, drooping, and exposing some nasty yellow foam material under the fabric. This exposed foam likes to fall from the ceiling like dust when a bump is hit.

Has anyone ever changed their headliner? If so, what is underneath all of the foam? If it is just black metal or something, I might rip out the headliner and just have it bare on the ceiling.
    1991 white festiva 259xxx miles and counting
    1985 Corvette C4 😏😏

What year is it? Older ones(88-89) used a different type headliner than the newer ones (90-93)
    Jerry
    Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
    90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
    92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
    93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

There would be a great deal of road noise with a bare ceiling.
      Stick some wide strips of sound deadener on the ceiling after you throw out the ripped fabric headliner.

Comment

When I picked up my silver car someone had stored something heavy on the roof witch cause the epoxy that holds the roof skin to the braces to detach. I had to pull the headliner to fix it. That car is an 89 so it has the headliner that is glued and clipped in at the edges with fiberglass rods to support the middle. You have to be very careful were its glued around the pillars to not tear it and trying to get it glued back in can be a pain.

Before I reinstalled the headliner, I put four pieces of Chinese dynamat on the roof skin between the braces to make sure it didn't have any tin can effects going on.

This stuff is basically dynamat at a quarter the price.

All that being said it sounds like you have an 90-93 with a more traditional headliner. You can by new headliner fabric and glue it on as long as the backing board is still in good shape. I've done that on other cars and it is a pretty cheap and quick project.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

It is a 1991!

Interesting... I'm not too worried about road noise really... I might just rip it out
          1991 white festiva 259xxx miles and counting
          1985 Corvette C4 😏😏

Comment

Working...
          X