Stuck in park

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stuck in park

Put a new head unit in stereo..... now won't come out of park ...push brake and will not quit buzz sound

Check fuses
    91GL BP/F3A with boost
    13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

my guess would be you have cut or disconnected a wire to the shifter interlock
      30 + Vehicle projects right now.7 Festiva/Mazda 10 GM IDK how many others,hope that helps explain all the stupid questions/shortcuts/interchanges etc. trying to liquidate so I concentrate on the good ones. Goal finish 1 amonth using as much stuff as I already have accumulated.

Comment

Never had an automatic but I remember people having this problem before. There is a button or something around the shifter so you can override it and drive the car. Try the search function. Good luck!

Comment

Zoe60 is probably right there normally is an override a lot of them look like a slot a little smaller than a dime you stick a key into to override the park interlock.Make sure you didn't unplug the brake switch. Bhazard is right check fuses. Interlock on most cars is very obvious on most cars once you get the plastic of the shifter push comes to shove if it was mine I'd remove it until I figured out what I did wrong. Downside is no park interlock will mean the car can be shifted out of park with the jkey off and without your foot on the brake.
          30 + Vehicle projects right now.7 Festiva/Mazda 10 GM IDK how many others,hope that helps explain all the stupid questions/shortcuts/interchanges etc. trying to liquidate so I concentrate on the good ones. Goal finish 1 amonth using as much stuff as I already have accumulated.

Comment

Working...
          X