Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

93 Festiva runs rough when it rains and sometimes won't start when it has rained

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 93 Festiva runs rough when it rains and sometimes won't start when it has rained

No problem when it hasn't rained and is not wet out.

Spark leak. Clean up or replace your cap and rotor, replace your wires.
    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Did the cap and rotor about a week ago and it got better but then went bad again.

The wires I did about a year ago.

Comment

WD-40 will disperse moisture. Try spraying relvant connections. Also clean ignition components and make sure connections tight.
        Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

Comment

Spray the dizzy the cap and the wires with salt water at night with it running your problem will magically appear.
          30 + Vehicle projects right now.7 Festiva/Mazda 10 GM IDK how many others,hope that helps explain all the stupid questions/shortcuts/interchanges etc. trying to liquidate so I concentrate on the good ones. Goal finish 1 amonth using as much stuff as I already have accumulated.

Comment

I'm assuming that the salt increases the conductivity of the water?? Just wondering, never heard of that trick before.

Comment

Yes the salt makes the water more conductive and at night the arcs are more visible.
              30 + Vehicle projects right now.7 Festiva/Mazda 10 GM IDK how many others,hope that helps explain all the stupid questions/shortcuts/interchanges etc. trying to liquidate so I concentrate on the good ones. Goal finish 1 amonth using as much stuff as I already have accumulated.

Comment

Originally posted by Old70 View Post
                Did the cap and rotor about a week ago and it got better but then went bad again.

The wires I did about a year ago.
                Ok. Then look for tracking marks at the plugs and especially the coil tower. Clean as needed.
                Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Working...
                X