Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I just bought a 92 Festiva from some 18 year old geniuses, got a question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just bought a 92 Festiva from some 18 year old geniuses, got a question.

Alright so heres the deal, bought this car after being told the ignition switch was bad. It has air and a 5 speed so that's what I was looking for. Anyways, get it home and start poking around, and noticed the distributor pickup was missing. Since that part seems to be unobtanium, is there ever a good reason to remove it? Now I'm looking for a distributor because these idiots lost it. I'm an ASE master, and have replaced pickups before, but only on cars they were AVAILABLE for.
    92 Festiva L with AC 5 Speed, 244,000mi and counting!
    R.I.P. Zeus, aka 77 F150 Custom Explorer 300 I6
    Go Green! Go White!

Your still in nashville?
    Missing just that part or the whole distributor?
    That part goes bad but like you found out you have to replace the whole distributor.
    Hopefully a member near you or a junkyard you can pick one up at.
    Does it need the ignition switch or is that fine?

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

Also an aspire with a 1.3 is the same .

Comment

Yeah I'm still in nashville, haven't managed to find one in the local boneyard. I'd say a whole distributor at this point, there are bits and pieces everywhere, i doubt i could get the optical reluctor in the right position/orientation. I found a 91 protege that could possibly have the right one at a pick and pull, but it's across town and a crap shoot. I'm going to get a battery today and see what happens when i turn the key, I pulled the column shroud apart and there seemed to not be any burned wires, so I'll report back with what I find.
        92 Festiva L with AC 5 Speed, 244,000mi and counting!
        R.I.P. Zeus, aka 77 F150 Custom Explorer 300 I6
        Go Green! Go White!

Comment

Also check car-parts.com might find something close to ya

Comment

Originally posted by Green Bean View Post
            Also an aspire with a 1.3 is the same .
            Aspire distributors are totally different than a Festiva. Aspire has the coil built into the distributor.

Comment

Working...
            X