Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AlaskaFestivaGuy View Post
    ryanprins13,

Moog's site directs me to O'Reilly which is offering the same K9737 swaybar-to-LCA bushing with the too-small ID as I reported above. They don't even list a swapbar-to-chassis bushing.

Please describe what you mean by "different feel to drive."

Assuming I'm back to SuperPro-manufactured parts (I'd like to order everything from one source), I notice:

For the swaybar-to-LCA part, SuperPro quotes 4-8 weeks delivery. FestivaStore is silent on delivery. Price a few bucks higher, but if he has them in stock, it's a no-brainer. Also, SuperPro site lists p/n spf1477k, while FestivaStore lists p/n spf0161k -- what's the difference?

For the swaybar-to-chassis part, SuperPro says "in stock, ships immediately," while FestivaStore again is silent.

I haven't even been thinking about LCA "inner" bushings, which I see FestivaStore offers. I'm not really set up (no lift, won't go under cars on jacks) to remove LCAs. Do those bushings go bad about as often as other suspension bushings? Are they readily replaceable, or does one usually just replace the whole LCA (which as I recall cost only about $50 and you get a new ball joint as part of the deal)? I recall once trying to remove one and having the bolt just spin; apparently the welded-on nut on the frame broke loose -- don't want to mess with that kid of problem if I can avoid it!

How does one order from FestivaStore -- pick up the phone and call?

RockAuto ships auto parts and body parts from over 300 manufacturers to customers' doors worldwide, all at warehouse prices. Easy to use parts catalog.

Both those parts i linked fit my 1992 and 1993.
    Just send a message on the festiva store website. Ben knows what parts your car will need much better than i would. I was talking about the same outer lca bushings you were asking about, the inners arent worth replacing in my opinion on a daily driver.
    You can google urethane vs rubber suspension bushings and find more info but basically the car feels stiffer. The bushings i bought off the festiva store i recieved very quickly. I believe ben removes them from his website when he is out of stock and puts parts back on when he has them again.
    On the festiva store you add the part to your cart, pay and then it gets shipped. Pretty similar to ebay or amazon.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ryanprins13; 09-11-2018, 07:13 AM.

Comment

Working...
    X