Head Gasket backwards?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Head Gasket backwards?

Just wondering if it's possible to put a B3 head gasket on backwards?? Just had my head redone after having low compression on adjacent cylinders and now it seems to have a TON of valve train noise. I poured oil over the cam and lifters before installing the valve cover and spun the engine over for a good while without fuel to build up oil pressure before starting the engine. Maybe I put the head gasket on incorrectly and blocked the oil ports? I have not pulled the valve cover off yet to visually check for oiling and have only ran it for 5-10 minutes. Thanks for any advice!!!

Looks impossible to me to install it backwards without it being very obvious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Fred" 93 Festiva L B6-ME Swap
    “Though he is small, he is but fierce.”

Comment

I know, stupid question. Thanks for the response. It's fine, quieted right down when I fired it up today.

Comment

Probably the hydraulic lifters still filling up with oil. It can take a while after they drain.
        90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
        09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Working...
        X