Surging festy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surging festy

Driving to a meeting this morning my festy was surging or missing pretty bad. I'm thinking it's a fuel delivery issue. Has anyone experienced this?

The only thing I've done recently is change the fuel filter...and it's on correctly as far as I know.

Any ideas?

Suction hose to fuel filter has been know to crimp and collapse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Fred" 93 Festiva L B6-ME Swap
    “Though he is small, he is but fierce.”

Comment

Ok, thanks I'll check it out

Comment

I get surging issues in the morning sometimes because I need a new distributor cap. Condensation gets in there and causes arcing which causes misfires.
        "The White Turd" 1993 Festiva 144k miles. (Winner of FOTM November 2016)
        sigpic
        "The Rusty Banana" 1990 Yellow 5 Speed Mud Festiva (Lifted with 27" BKT Tractor Tires)(Winner of "Best Beater Award" - Madness 12 - 2018)

"Papa Smurf" 1992 Blue 5 Speed Shell
        "Cracker?" (name pending) 1992 White Auto Shell (Future BP Swap)
        "Green Car..." Scrap Car that Runs?!?
        "Red Car..." Complete Scrap Car

"El Flama Blanca" 1993 Festiva 104k miles. (Lil Brothers Car)
        https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzM...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

I'll have to check into that because it started running better later in the morning. I also filled it up and put some injector cleaner in it

Comment

Fuel pump prefilter/strainer or as some call it "fuel pump sock" perhaps?

Comment

I have narrowed it down to the fuel level. As long as the tank is above half a tank, it runs fine.

I've never had the tank out so I'm wondering if the sending unit has rubber lines inside the tank that have deteriorated?

Any ideas?

Comment

Working...
              X