Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heat Issue

1992 Festiva GL 1.3L Stock everything

Heat does not come out of the front facing vents. Heat will come through window defrost and floor but no heat coming out of FFV. Just from common sense I think it's one of the doors that controls that vent, but I also heard it could be a vacuum issue?

Not sure on where to turn so I came here before I started taking my dash apart.

Any help is greatly appreciated and Merry Christmas to all!

New & Proud owner of Festiva!

Welcome! Heat doesnt come out those vents on any festiva from factory.
    Festivas are awesome cars, your gonna like it.
    Check out this link for answers to a lot of commonly asked questions by new festiva owners: https://m.facebook.com/groups/187474...50971241739959

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

Really? That's weird but thanks for the reply! I might just do some fabricating to get heat or just more airflow through the other vents. Where is the cabin air filter located?

This has become a learning curve with this car but I love it!

Comment

Haha, no cabin air filter. Some of us make our own, there is a writeup if your interested. So what happens is the heater core and or ac condenser get plugged up and reduce airflow. Do you have a/c?

It is weird to not blow heat out the face vents but thats the way they are!

Comment

wow im glad i saw this post. I just picked up a 93 and thought the heater core was clogged or something because I've only tried heat on the dash!

Comment

Originally posted by User93 View Post
            wow im glad i saw this post. I just picked up a 93 and thought the heater core was clogged or something because I've only tried heat on the dash!
            Welcome to you too! Quite a few of these cars dont have good heat anymore. My heat was good until around 2010 then kinda gave up.
            If you have time to read that link i posted and the comments youll learn all the need-to-know stuff about festivas. In the comments there is one which has a whole pile of links to helpful threads in the forum here. Like how to fix heat problems for example

Comment

Originally posted by ryanprins13 View Post
              Welcome to you too! Quite a few of these cars dont have good heat anymore. My heat was good until around 2010 then kinda gave up.
              If you have time to read that link i posted and the comments youll learn all the need-to-know stuff about festivas. In the comments there is one which has a whole pile of links to helpful threads in the forum here. Like how to fix heat problems for example

Awesome thanks!

Comment

Working...
              X