ahh wont idle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ahh wont idle

I have replaced (1990 1.3 fuel injected 5 speed) Air idle control valve, the t stat, the temp sensor, the air canister purge solenoid, fuel pressure regulator, the MAF, the fan relay, the Idle position sensor, full tune up, the catalytic converter, the injectors, the muffler, etc... It runs great, but sometimes it will idle, but most times it dont. I come to a light, and DEAD! Driving me crazy. Even one of the areas most talented mechanics is scratching his head. There really isnt any bolt ons to fix anymore. Compression is good, oh I even replaced the engine gaskets. Is it the Engine control Module? PLEASE INPUT!!!! Have a nice day.

Mine does it once in blue moon and I think its the dash pot....you'll see it behind the "throttle" or you can google it to get a general idea....mine is okay but I can tell it compresses too quickly which leads to the severe idle drop resulting in the engine dying. Maybe I'm way off....but thats my take.
    92 GL, 98k
    77 Chevy shortbed

Comment

There is also aj "electronic dashpot" in the ECU. Make sure the throttle pposition switch works and is adjusted properly, check function at ECU plug to verify good wiring, if thats all good, I'm guessing cracked solder joints on the board in the ECU. Easy to fix on the bench with a 10xsmall magnifying and 15w iron.
      No car too fast !

Comment

Thanks/\... I will pull the ECU out I guess

Comment

Which Temp sensor did you replace?
          Will Samet

JDMSTIVA - Rest in Peace. Festiva of the Month, May '16 - Best Beater & Bad Luck Award, FMX - (Build Thread)

JDMSTIVA V2 - Racecar, Showcar, Work in Progress - (Build Thread)

1990 LX - B6D swapped, mostly stock.

How to find me:
          Facebook messenger is the best way. m.me/willsamet
          Feel free to PM me anytime!
          Reddit / Snapchat / everywhere else: w4rky
          Instagram/Twitter: @WILLSAMET

Comment

Working...
          X