Speed problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speed problems

Ok so my 91 festiva is having some speed problems I redid clutch over summer and it has not been doing well since before shifting the car begins to buck starting at 10mph stops after shifting into second but begins shortly before having to shift to third then when in fifth as soon as I reach 55mph it disengages till speed is 45mph and then re engages till reaching 55mph again where again drops so far I have replaced the fuel filter the spark plugs distributor and rotor I don't know much at all

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920AZ using Tapatalk

Try another coil and report back
    No car too fast !

Comment

Does it feel like the bucking is clutch slipping or engine missing? I get clutch slipping (chatter) in moist summer weather when pulling away form a stop but nothing like what you discribe. Yours sounds more like an engine miss, possibly from deteriorating ignition components. I'd start by cleaning and gapping the spark plugs, cleaning the wires and distributor cap and coil, and if the problem persists begin replacing igntion components starting with the oldest ones first. When I was doing the annual summer cleaning of my ignition components I pulled the high voltage wire out of the top of the coil and there was corosion in there, on a relatively new coil. Cleaned it out with steel wool and sealed it with a dab of grease.
      Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

Comment

Originally posted by Dragonhealer View Post
        Try another coil and report back
        I will habe new coil within a few days and will report back ty

Comment

Originally posted by WmWatt View Post
          Does it feel like the bucking is clutch slipping or engine missing? I get clutch slipping (chatter) in moist summer weather when pulling away form a stop but nothing like what you discribe. Yours sounds more like an engine miss, possibly from deteriorating ignition components. I'd start by cleaning and gapping the spark plugs, cleaning the wires and distributor cap and coil, and if the problem persists begin replacing igntion components starting with the oldest ones first. When I was doing the annual summer cleaning of my ignition components I pulled the high voltage wire out of the top of the coil and there was corosion in there, on a relatively new coil. Cleaned it out with steel wool and sealed it with a dab of grease.
          Just replaced spark plugs, wires, distributor, and rotor will have ignition coil in a few days ty I'm still lessening when it comes to cars I know when I got 10 mph if I don't shift to second it shutters and jumps

Comment

Assume you've checked the level of fluid in the transmission?
            Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

Comment

Originally posted by WmWatt View Post
              Assume you've checked the level of fluid in the transmission?
              Yes

Comment

Ok replaced the ignition coil did not help anything guess i am trying to get rid of the bucking first because i cant even pull out of my driveway thats in first gear same happens all the waybto 5th which is wgen i have troble getting over 55

Comment

video, sharing, camera phone, video phone, free, upload

Comment

need a longer video. idle and going down the road. were is that noise coming from?

Comment

Working...
                    X