Setting timing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Setting timing?

could someone point me in the right direction to set timing on a 1993 Festiva L? I can't figure out what I am suppose to ground because I don't have the OBD1 port thingy like the haines manual calls out for. Thanks in advance

You are missing this wire with a single pin connector circled in red?

This is a good link explaining what grounding it does.
    Post your Festiva or Aspire repair and maintenance issues. - USE THIS FORUM FOR ANY TECHNICAL RELATED POST (IE. How do I change my oil?, How to remove axle from tranny?, etc)

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ryanprins13; 01-15-2018, 01:18 PM.

Comment

I tried to ground the white connector in the picture by the arrow. it instantly died lol. I will try that one thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by photo8989 View Post
        I tried to ground the white connector in the picture by the arrow. it instantly died lol. I will try that one thanks.
        Thats your tachometer signal

Comment

Oh nice I was going to install a tach so I assume I can use that. Thanks for the help. Timing seemed to work too thanks a ton.

Comment

Originally posted by photo8989 View Post
            Oh nice I was going to install a tach so I assume I can use that. Thanks for the help. Timing seemed to work too thanks a ton.
            Yup! See that green wire with the black heat shrink coming out of the white connector? It goes to my tachometer.
            No problem! Just so you know if your check engine light ever comes on you ground that same black connecter to check the code.

Comment

Working...
            X