Cooling bypass pipe o ring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cooling bypass pipe o ring

I changed the water pump and threw new seal away, now it is leaking. I recovered one from another car that looked to be fine but it broke in half trying to install it. ###Part number and link request###
    This leads to the next step! Do I have to take the housing off of the water pump loosen the pipe press pipe in and then install it back onto the water pump or can you leave that lower housing on and push the pipe in from right to left?

This really bewilders me because I have done the head gasket on that same car before and got lucky. Years ago did a b8me swap in another car, apparently got lucky, and put a b6 in an automatic Festiva and got lucky.
    1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

You can loosen the bypass tube by removing the clamps. Install the new o-ring, put a small amount of lubricant on the o-ring and slide the tube back in place. Re-Install clamps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Fred" 93 Festiva L B6-ME Swap
    “Though he is small, he is but fierce.”

Comment

Yes I think it was just a bad o-ring. the tube is already disconnected I just did not want to pull it off to take to harware store and possibly damage ancient crusty heater hose. I just need to get her back on the road first and then address peripherals.

Again if anyone can give me the exact size to buy I would be very happy. I can't even " buy"a water pump and steal oring, I wouldn't even do that I just need to eyeball it. However no one has them in stock in Southern California without waiting a day and that sucks because that water pump runs that on at least 5 engines.
      1993 GL 5 speed

Comment

I know I have this sitting on my bench at home. I'll snap a pic tonight.
        1999 Toyota 4Runner - daily beater
        1993 Ford Festiva - SOLD
        1986 Toyota Cressida - #stressida hmmmmmm SOLD!!

Comment

I just need the exact size of the seal I have already guessed wrong and it pissed water all over the garage heh. Always test tap water don't be an idiot and put antifreeze in on maiden voyage. 22in is disconnected from the clam you can bring it all the way around to the front of the car that is not the issue. I don't know if it is as Extreme as a micrometer but that's my issue. Pics wont help
          1993 GL 5 speed

Comment

Haha, voice text while driving butchery! Anyway once the pipe is loosened you can pull it all the way to the front of the radiator core and service easy but I still need its size..
            1993 GL 5 speed

Comment

A dash209 is usually what is furnished with a kit, 11/16 x 15/16 x 1/8, actual (approx) .672 ID x .950 OD x .139 CS. Use plenty of lube, silicon grease works best.
              A dash208 will work fine too, there is plenty of compression in this application.
              Get the softest durometer they have (plumbing supplies, E-200 material works great), but silicone or soft Buna-N is perfectly OK.
              Last edited by Dragonhealer; 01-26-2018, 12:56 AM.
              No car too fast !

Comment

I walked into the Mazda dealership and bought one.

Comment

Wow thanks. I can't believe I'm the only one to have this problem unless my searching skills suck. They come in a package of 25 for 9 bucks. Hm. Does anyone else need a few? I would like to think you need two or three for every Festiva you own if you are a Festiva lifer heh.
                  Didn't think of dealership, but they aren't nearby anymore like graingers are. I ASSume as the cars are older than their employees they don't stock em.
                  1993 GL 5 speed

Comment

Originally posted by bolokid View Post
                    I walked into the Mazda dealership and bought one.
                    You take all the fun out of life.....
                    No car too fast !

Comment

Working...
                    X