Identify please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Identify please

It being clean metal does it need to be grounded to get something I stretched it around and I don't see where it is supposed to mount up. I have aftermarket coil. The car idles fine but it won't go above 2000 RPMs with load but that could be five year old california gas
    1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

What are we talking about? Do you have a photo?

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

it will not add a picture for my Android phone when its viewed as a web page there is still upload button missing I'm going to have to wait to get home. It's got two screws and it's flat harness sensor of some sort it's probably a map sensor or something but I think after replacing my head gasket I have a bad cylinder
      1993 GL 5 speed

Comment

Ok, i think i would need a photo to know what your talking about. If you cant do the photos on your phones web browser the tapatalk app is quite easy to view the forum from and upload photos on a phone.

Comment

My first Festiva wouldn't rev pass 2000rpms and it ended up being the fuel filter.
          Current cars:

1993 Ford Festiva 5-Speed - Festiclese III - Cousin of the Banhammer - "The Jalopnik Car"
          1984 Toyota Cressida - 2JZGE Swap, Turbocharged.
          2013 Mazda Mazda2 - Exhaust and Wheels (the daily)
          2002 Toyota Tundra - V6/Auto/2WD - The Tow Vehicle.

Comment

Id check that first but it did pop a HG after overheating a few times lol. I decided to put in the hour of work and install a new one blindly just to see if she will run ok. I intend on keeping the car so i will be changing fuel pump anyway. The fuel filter i am using is for a ford V8 inline with only about 10k on it, albeit last ran the car 2014 springtime. I can always try running it without to see how she fires. I've ran several mazdas out of cam time but they still rev the RPM range just with no use of it, so hard to assume she's off a tooth. Sputtering right at 2200 RPM wouldn't even be lack of ignition timing advance it would still be smooth just fall on its face, right? Oh yeah, no check engine light at idle but you rev it and it comes on and when you stabilize the RPM it goes out.

so the car runs with this piece not where its supposed to be, here are the pics.https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1Q...n0M6RIekizbEDV
            Last edited by getnpsi; 01-29-2018, 09:34 PM.
            1993 GL 5 speed

Comment

Can anyone else see the photos? I cant, sorry.
              Im not sure what a v8 inline is but is the filter your using meant for a fuel injected or carberated car? And is your car efi or carb?
              Did you drain the 2014 gas or is that still in there?

Comment

yeah its a Ford inline filter for a light duty truck. Nope didn't drain fuel. I need to do compression check and still unsure on timing.
                1993 GL 5 speed

Comment

Oh! I see.
                  Well 6 year old gas can put out a fire, 4 year old gas isnt helping you.
                  I would suggest taking out the plug on the bottom of the tank, draining it and putting new stuff in. See what the stuff that comes out looks like. Perhaps the tank corroded and is full of rust. If thats the case there is a possibility it pushed past the filter and has somewhat plugged the injectors.

Filters meant for carbed vehicles are designed to handle slight suction, maybe the equivilant of 5psi. Efi filters see 45psi. Its a good idea to use a filter meant for an efi vehicle even if its not from a festiva.

Anyway, i would love to help identify your parts but i cant see the photos, sorry.

Comment

Efi truck same filter as a 5.0 mustang, size of a fosters beer can. I'll drain and update if it helps.
                    1993 GL 5 speed

Comment

If you've been sucking up crap from 6 year old gas I would recommend replacing the filter again as well.
                      Current cars:

1993 Ford Festiva 5-Speed - Festiclese III - Cousin of the Banhammer - "The Jalopnik Car"
                      1984 Toyota Cressida - 2JZGE Swap, Turbocharged.
                      2013 Mazda Mazda2 - Exhaust and Wheels (the daily)
                      2002 Toyota Tundra - V6/Auto/2WD - The Tow Vehicle.

Comment

Working...
                      X