No announcement yet.

Stuck axle removal tip?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its not stuck in the spline... I can shift it about 1/8" in & out, watching the clip wiggle in the hole, (probably laughing at me the whole time).

Someday I plan to cut the shaft off & remove the differential, just to see what happened. I just have to know.
    92 Festiva GL Sport 5spd A/C 282k miles
    Power windows, Power door locks, & Heated seats !
    Festiva of the month co-winner June 2017
    Festiva of the month winner June 2018

Comment

About 50k miles ago I took my Festy to a shop for some work. I later discovered that they put the axles back in without those pesky clips. And the World kept turning.

Comment

Originally posted by denguy View Post
        About 50k miles ago I took my Festy to a shop for some work. I later discovered that they put the axles back in without those pesky clips. And the World kept turning.
        Amazing!
        I've had one pop loose WITH the clip installed, and all my transmission fluid fell out :O
        No car too fast !

Comment

I had a brand new GSP axle get stuck because the clip is the wrong one. I took the clip holding the inner rubber boot off and took the axle shaft out. They I used a slide hammer with a vise grip to pull it wout. Came out with a couple hits. Worked great! I usually would use a prybar but it wouldn't cut it.
          93 Festiva B6 5spd

Comment

Working...
          X