So I Lost a Wiper The Other Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I Lost a Wiper The Other Day

Like the title says, I lost the driver side wiper going down the highway. Pretty much just flew off. So, now, I have a question. Where can I get another pin to hold a wiper on? I can remember, but I don't think they come with the blades anymore. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Do you have a standard wiper arm? If its the same as mine new wipers come with all the proper hardware. You just have to be sure to clip the wiper onto the arm all the way. On some brands of wipers its easy, some its quite difficult. The drivers one on my car now i was actually unable to properly clip in but thats the first one in 11yrs. Ive been through a ton of wipers over the years and this one was just some dollar store one. I replace em every couple months and just buy the cheapest ones.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

The factory arms have a narrow slot on the bottom of the U. They are designed for standard slide in blades. There is no pin. It is part of the wiper blade.

Crazy me. I replaced my wiper arms with stainless Isuzu arms. Now I have to use the hard to find bayonet wiper blades.
      Last edited by bravekozak; 02-05-2018, 07:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
        The factory arms have a narrow slot on the bottom of the U. They are designed for standard slide in blades. There is no pin. It is part of the wiper blade.

Crazy me. I replaced my wiper arms with stainless Isuzu arms. Now I have to use the hard to find bayonet wiper blades.
        What steering wheel is that?
        Dark blue '91 B6t + E series
        Something new breaks every day

Comment

When I got my new '89 Festiva the wiper blades didn't clear the windshield. The dealership took a long time but finally called to say replacement blades had arrived. When we went to put them on we discovered someone at the factory had put the originals on upside down. I wondered how many cars got that treatment before he or she learned to put them on right side up.
          Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

Comment

The arms that are on my 89 L have a pin that slides through a hole in the wiper then clips into the arms. Has someone replaced mine or am I not looking right. The end of my arms are square.

Comment

Interesting! I dont have a photo of mine and its dark out. Are you able to post a photo of yours?

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

Too dark here. I'll post one tomorrow if I get a chance.

Comment

Grizzly, you have the correct wipers for an '89. I usually convert to the newer style (1990 - 1993) so I have some early ones around here somewhere. Should I mail you a pin? Is the plastic end still in good shape?
                  No car too fast !

Comment

This is what I have. And yes, if you have a pin I'd love to have one. Just let me know what you need. As a matter of fact, if anyone has a set of 90-93 arms, I'd like a set of them too.

Last edited by Grizzly5984; 02-06-2018, 06:17 PM.

Comment

wiper arm (1).jpg
                      wiper arm (2).jpg

I will let you have this one for $15 Plus shipping.
                      PM me if you are interested.

Comment

Originally posted by 1990new View Post
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]21859[/ATTACH]
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]21860[/ATTACH]

I will let you have this one for $15 Plus shipping.
                        PM me if you are interested.
                        Would you happen to have a pair?

Comment

Just so happens that I do. And they are nicer looking than the one pictured.
                          I would let you have the pair for $35 including shipping.
                          Here is a picture of them:
                          IMG_2115.jpg

Or these on ebay don't look too bad either:
                          https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Festiv...paCMRs&vxp=mtr

But then the springs are strategically not shown. Could be a better deal for you though.
                          Last edited by 1990new; 02-06-2018, 08:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1990new View Post
                            Just so happens that I do. And they are nicer looking than the one pictured.
                            I would let you have the pair for $35 including shipping.
                            Here is a picture of them:
                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]21861[/ATTACH]

Or these on ebay don't look too bad either:
                            https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Festiv...paCMRs&vxp=mtr

But then the springs are strategically not shown. Could be a better deal for you though.
                            I may be interested in the nicer ones. Believe it or not I bought a set on eBay right before you posted. If I can cancel, I'd rather have yours for 10 more bucks. Yours look a little nicer. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Grizzly5984 View Post
                              This is what I have. And yes, if you have a pin I'd love to have one. Just let me know what you need. As a matter of fact, if anyone has a set of 90-93 arms, I'd like a set of them too.

I only found one set of original early arms, and the pins are a permanent part of the wiper blades!
                              So I dug through my old british parts stock and found 2 new pins. Shoot me your shipping address and I'll mail them out.

I probably should not add we stock the 90-93 arms in fully restored condition, finished in satin black powder coat for $60 shipped to lower 48, $20 refunded on receipt of your old arms (just the late ones, early ones don't count)
                              Last edited by Dragonhealer; 02-07-2018, 06:10 AM.
                              No car too fast !

Comment

Working...
                              X