Where to find the front exhaust pipe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to find the front exhaust pipe?

Mine is rusted out and can't be welded to the muffler anymore. Can't find the part online anywhere what is the actual name for this part and where could I find it?

Are you talking about the downpipe that goes from the manifold to the catalytic converter?

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

Yes!!

Comment

Ond on ebay for an 88-89. What year is yours?
        Look for downpipe on amazon, ebay, rockauto and so on

Comment

Didn't see one on rockauto, it's a 93

Comment

They are different for Manual and Automatic transmission. I have an extra one for an automatic... is yours automatic?

Welcome to the forum see you joined in Sept 2014.. please provide more information about your Festiva so we will not have to ask more questions.
            Year, Model (L, LPlus, LX, or GL). Carb or EFI, Color, Automatic or manual (4 or 5 Speed).
            Looked up your earlier posts and I answered this looks like your is a 1993 EFI 5 speed.
            Various parts are different based on this information, so with it we will know more (unless it has been modified of course so please let us know that too).
            Ideally.. create a signature and put this information in it.
            Thanks...

As I ramble on... looks like you need a manual downpipe so my post is essentially useless to you.
            Last edited by 1990new; 02-07-2018, 03:29 PM.

Comment

Send jfd64 a message. He sells a lot of parts on here and may have one.

Comment

Found this on Ebay
                https://www.ebay.com/itm/Exhaust-Pip...wMmJ#vi-ilComp
                And this on Amazon:
                https://www.amazon.com/Cherry-Bomb-3...ds=Pipe-329273

Amazon says compatible to 1992 Festiva but not sure if this is true (looks similar) but dont know if automatic or manual.. there is a phone number so you could call.

No heat shield and this is expensive but if you can't find a good used one, you might call and ask about them.
                Last edited by 1990new; 02-07-2018, 05:05 PM.

Comment

I am pretty sure I already have one boxed up sitting in the back of my car that another member backed out of. If you are interested I can open it up and make sure it is a complete pipe and find out if it is Auto or Manual.
                  "The White Turd" 1993 Festiva 144k miles. (Winner of FOTM November 2016)
                  sigpic
                  "The Rusty Banana" 1990 Yellow 5 Speed Mud Festiva (Lifted with 27" BKT Tractor Tires)(Winner of "Best Beater Award" - Madness 12 - 2018)

"Papa Smurf" 1992 Blue 5 Speed Shell
                  "Cracker?" (name pending) 1992 White Auto Shell (Future BP Swap)
                  "Green Car..." Scrap Car that Runs?!?
                  "Red Car..." Complete Scrap Car

"El Flama Blanca" 1993 Festiva 104k miles. (Lil Brothers Car)
                  https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzM...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

I have a new one I found online a while back and haven't installed yet. It is for an 88 and I have a 92. The upper end has a 1/2'' tube sticking out the side that runs up to the upper mounting flange where there is a side hole for a heat riser or something. I could plug that, but the lower end is not bell mouthed for the doughnut gasket that my 92 uses to connect to the catcon. Not sure what to do next.

Comment

Heck i just had the electrician at work bend me a 90° out of 2"EMT. Welded on the flanges and done. Cost=time involved.

Comment

Working...
                      X