Hatch door locked shut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hatch door locked shut

Can't unlock my hatchback.. haven't opened it in a couple of months but was working fine last time I was using it back there.. Now the key will turn almost all the way but not completely and I'm unable to open it.

Are you able to unlock it from inside?
    Its happened a couple times to me where it gets jammed from the outside but opens fine from inside. Then its fine for a couple years till it happens once again

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

Stand in front of the rear hatch and say the magic words: "Open Sesame".
      If that doesn't work, then get a screwdriver and slide the lever over from the inside.
      Once it's open, lubricate the latch an make sure it locks and unlocks smoothly.
      Loosen the striker and latch bolts slightly, Shut the hatch. Open slowly and tighten all four bolts.

Last edited by bravekozak; 02-13-2018, 06:42 PM.

Comment

One of mine was so jacked when I bought it nothing would get it opened,I removed the inside panel tried working the lock rods by hand,no dice. What I had to do was back the bolts out of the catch on the body it was a PITA.Opened the hatch with the catch still in the lock mechanism,put in a new a latch pried the old strker plate out and bolted it back down. Just throwing that out there in case you can't get yours unlatched.
        30 + Vehicle projects right now.7 Festiva/Mazda 10 GM IDK how many others,hope that helps explain all the stupid questions/shortcuts/interchanges etc. trying to liquidate so I concentrate on the good ones. Goal finish 1 amonth using as much stuff as I already have accumulated.

Comment

if it's the key try spraying WD-40 into the keyhole or getting some oil in there, and work it around with the key. good luck.
          Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

Comment

Working...
          X