Wiring help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiring help!

I have a 91 festiva and on the back of the ignition switch there is a small green and red wire coming out, if I’m not mistaken they were labeled e and I on the switch. Does anybody know what these two small wires are for? I tested the switch and they have continuity between the two wires only in start. Could this be some type of choke? I disconnected the wires and No drivability issues but if it sets for a day or two it’s hard to start. Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks!!

91's were fuel injected so they do not have chokes. Silly question: why don't you leave them connected?
    '88 Festiva LX 5 speed, A/C, Carb, restored $$$ body paint, badly wrecked @ 200k.
    '93 Festiva L, 5 speed, Aqua, bought from the original owner,.Zero rust but very nasty otherwise. Awaits the B6T.
    '91 Festiva L, 5 speed, bought to drive while putting the B6T in the '93. now B6ME powered.

Comment

The previous owner drilled out the ignition so when I bought it I had to start it with a screwdriver. The closest switch I could find was out of state for $150 so I wen to NAPA and bought a universal switch.

Comment

Working...
      X