Intermittent wiper question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intermittent wiper question

I've got a question someone might know. On an intermittent wiper stalk, is there any way to adjust the intermittence? Seems like over time mine has gotten to the point where intermittent is as fast as low speed. would really like to slow it down some. Thanks!

I've never seen or heard of an adjustment to intermittent interval, but I have added this to all our cars and they usually wipe every 7 seconds or so on INT. Maybe this is what happens when the switch starts to go bad???
    186,000 miles per second is not just a good idea, it's the law

1990 yellow L+ (l8ly)
    1990 yellow L+ (sunryz)
    1992 aqua L (agua)
    1993 blue L (aurora)

Comment

Yeah, I think this is a normal wear issue. I have an adjustable intermittent wiper from a late-80s 323, and it has sped up too, over time.
      90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
      09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Right. Looks hard to remove the circuit board without damage, otherwise I would replace some components and see if that fixes it. There are some N.O.S. units on Ebay but they are high dollar. On a completely different subject, my car was not starting sometimes. I cleaned the ignition switch and it kept doing it. Turned out to be the clutch safety switch. Watch out for that problem. Might help someone.

Comment

Working...
        X