AC drive belt question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AC drive belt question

I'm about to replace my AC compressor (locked up since I got the car) since Philly is ready to get hot and sweaty. But I'll need a drive belt.

It's an '89 L manual, but — judging by the existing compressor — the AC setup seems to be more like a '90. I can see it will be a v-belt, and something like 24–30" long. I can't find any clear answer looking at online suppliers' sites.

Anyone have the real specs or (better yet) a part number or recommendation?

IMG_1983.jpg
    Last edited by garella; 06-11-2018, 09:19 PM.
    --
    Phila Festiva: '89 L+ 5-speed, closing in on 300K
    Seattle Festiva: '88 L 4-speed, closing in on 200K

I can't see all of your adjuster pulley in the picture but the compressor appears to be the Nippondenso 10P13A type that is on my 89, 90, and 92.
    My adjuster pulleys use a long thin bolt that slides the pulley up and down to tighten and loosen. What type of tightening pulley is on yours?
    That compressor comes with a single groove clutch/Pulley and also a 4groove clutch/pulley and they can be switched out easily.
    I have bought belts that were supposed to fit that turned out to be either too short or too long. Let me know if you tightening pulley is the same as mine
    and I will tell you the length of my single groove AC belt.

Found this sight which shows a compatibility chart for the 10P13A type compressor:https://www.yoyopart.com/oem/1398748...aft-yc126.html
    Last edited by 1990new; 06-12-2018, 05:57 PM.

Comment

Thanks, you're right about the type of compressor. I had to buy the wrong one first to figure that out.

Before I saw your reply I found this belt at Advance Auto and the shop put it in with the compressor, so I guess it was the right one.

Just went on an 800-mile road trip with cold air on demand. It was sublime.
      --
      Phila Festiva: '89 L+ 5-speed, closing in on 300K
      Seattle Festiva: '88 L 4-speed, closing in on 200K

Comment

Working...
      X