Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where can I get an O-ring for the coolant bypass tube (90-91 Festive w/ B3 engine)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where can I get an O-ring for the coolant bypass tube (90-91 Festive w/ B3 engine)

It has a weird pull-apart tube off of the pipe for the water pump. I'd hate to have to "COBBLE" together an alternative way to deal with it, even though I think it's a weak link

Is there a good source for O-ring seals for these, even under a different badge/brand than Ford?
    Last edited by Greywolf; 08-05-2018, 01:23 PM.
    Most people don't drive what they want at all, and never will

Only place I have seen them is with a new water pump.

Comment

O-rings are a pretty standard item. I'd take it to any plumbing supply outlet.
      Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

Comment

If plumbing outfits don't have what you need, there are distributors out there who make a business selling nothing but O-rings. I spent 14 years restoring a WWII airplane and easily found every conceivable size from as small as 1/8" or so to several inches in diameter, with both circular and rectangular cross-sections. Note: The vast majority of aircraft use imperial fasteners/etc., not metric, but with the large number of sizes available, finding what you're after should be easy.

There also used to be a company called "All-Metric" which specialized in metric parts. I haven't dealt with them lately.
        88L black, dailydriver
        88LX silver a/c, dailydriver
        4 88/89 disassembled
        91L green
        91GL aqua pwrsteer
        92GL red a/c reardmg
        3 93L blue, 2 dailydriver, 1 frontdmg
        1952 Cessna170B floatplane

Comment

try oringsusa.com

Comment

rickbz28 absolutely NAILED IT!

See this video of mine about it, and sorry for troubling you:

Last edited by Greywolf; 08-05-2018, 09:17 PM.

Comment

PROBLEM SOLVED

Comment

Working...
              X