weard problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• weard problem

hello , iam new with new problem , 1. of all iam from europe and i have kia pride ( same as ford festiva in us market). my car is 1.3L 16v 75hp injected .. problem is next... when engine is cold car run fine , but when engine heat up just a bit it lose all power and wont pull over 2-2.2k rpm , in neutral rev go up to 3.5k and the stops , engin start to stall ald choking . i changed all 4 injectors, gas pump, air filter, gas filter, cheked for any vacum leaks, clean throtle body , new plugs, new plugs cabels... have any one sugestio wht to chek / try next?

Check EGR (exhaust gas recirculation) valve.
    Maybe it is stuck open.

Comment

Go ahead and change dist cap and rotor. The dist. may be bad also. But they normaly quit working when they warm up.

Comment

As someone else pointed out, that could be a failing coolant temperature sensor (the one for the ECU)
        No car too fast !

Comment

this is how engine behave when earm up, distributorcap is barly new also and cables from cap to plugs, temp. sensor seems ok beucane temp rise normaly on 60% fan turns on and temp fall to 40% on scale... it mihgt be distributor ill try with him for start https://streamable.com/i1v1s when reving 1. try was slow , 2. and 3. flored almost to end, also dont have power uphill i must drive on 2% of gas bethween 1.3 and 2k rpm
          Last edited by uniq1987; 08-13-2018, 02:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by uniq1987 View Post
            temp. sensor seems ok beucane temp rise normaly on 60% fan turns on and temp fall to 40% on scale...
            On USDM festivas, there are 3 different temp sensors. One is a basic switch that turns the fan on, in the thermostat neck.
            Another is right to the left of that, with a single wire. This is for the Gauge in the car.

There is a 3rd one in the intake manifold by the injectors, with a green 2 pin plug. This is the ECT, and it sends the temp info to the ECU and adjusts the air fuel ratio. This is the one you should check. If it goes bad, the Fan and Gauge still work fine because they are different systems.
            Will Samet

JDMSTIVA - Rest in Peace. Festiva of the Month, May '16 - Best Beater & Bad Luck Award, FMX - (Build Thread)

JDMSTIVA V2 - Racecar, Showcar, Work in Progress - (Build Thread)

1990 LX - B6D swapped, mostly stock.

How to find me:
            Facebook messenger is the best way. m.me/willsamet
            Feel free to PM me anytime!
            Reddit / Snapchat / everywhere else: w4rky
            Instagram/Twitter: @WILLSAMET

Comment

You may also want to check for restricted exhaust, especially the catalyst. If you cant get the exhaust out, you cant get the fuel/air in. Use a vacuum gauge, there is a sticky on what a restricted exhaust and other problems look like on the gauge.
              Last edited by hot4dl8ly; 08-13-2018, 06:26 PM.
              186,000 miles per second is not just a good idea, it's the law

1990 yellow L+ (l8ly)
              1990 yellow L+ (sunryz)
              1992 aqua L (agua)
              1993 blue L (aurora)

Comment

^^ by "sticky" Hot means a permanent topic at the top of this forum.
                Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

Comment

Thanks.....never knew what ''sticky'' meant.

Comment

Is this engine carbureted or fuel injection? Everybody is throwing out blind suggestions but there is not enough information.
                    91GL BP/F3A with boost
                    13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Originally posted by bhazard View Post
                      Is this engine carbureted or fuel injection? Everybody is throwing out blind suggestions but there is not enough information.
                      He said in the post Brad, it's a later pride, "my car is 1.3L 16v 75hp injected".

Which also means it may very well have a different injection system than the USDM EFI.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk
                      Will Samet

JDMSTIVA - Rest in Peace. Festiva of the Month, May '16 - Best Beater & Bad Luck Award, FMX - (Build Thread)

JDMSTIVA V2 - Racecar, Showcar, Work in Progress - (Build Thread)

1990 LX - B6D swapped, mostly stock.

How to find me:
                      Facebook messenger is the best way. m.me/willsamet
                      Feel free to PM me anytime!
                      Reddit / Snapchat / everywhere else: w4rky
                      Instagram/Twitter: @WILLSAMET

Comment

Dangit I saw the 75hp 16v part but totally not the injected part.

I've read they used a throttle body style injection on some engines..

Any chance we can see a photo of the engine?
                        91GL BP/F3A with boost
                        13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Working...
                        X