93 festiva died and wont restart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 93 festiva died and wont restart

I pulled up to a stop sign and it died, just died, no stumble or rough running. will not restart has spark... any thoughts?

Originally posted by acooper198201 View Post
    I pulled up to a stop sign and it died, just died, no stumble or rough running. will not restart has spark... any thoughts?
    Have you sprayed starting fluid into the throttle body? This may tell you if it’s a fuel related no start.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Fred" 93 Festiva L B6-ME Swap
    “Though he is small, he is but fierce.”

Comment

I found out it was a bad air flow meter, so the fuel pump wasn't running... now I have to find the fuel pump relay so I can jump it if it happens again.(I just grabbed the VAF off of another car)

Comment

I found out it was a bad air flow meter, so the fuel pump wasn't running... now I have to find the fuel pump relay so I can jump it if it happens again.(I just grabbed the VAF off of another car)
        I believe the fuel pump relay is under the driver side dash area. There is also a T connector in the engine bay near the firewall that can be jumped out to test the fuel pump.

Comment

thank you, if I jump the connector, how long could I run the car like that without messing anything up? Just in case the VAF from the other car goes out before the new one arrives.

Comment

thank you, if I jump the connector, how long could I run the car like that without messing anything up? Just in case the VAF from the other car goes out before the new one arrives.
            I can only advise you on what I would do. The test connector is only used to verify the pump is functional. I would not drive a car of mine with the connector jumped out. You are bypassing the normal circuit and and safety features of the fuel system.

Comment

Working...
            X