1991 Ford festiva issues- fire damage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1991 Ford festiva issues- fire damage

So my festiva recently caught fire due to the exhaust breaking under the back of the engine... it didn’t cause too much damage, except the wiring harness melting which made it worse. I’m trying to wire it back together, my only problem is I don’t know how all the wires connect. Obviously where it caught fire there was some connectors that changed wire color. My car is an automatic and there are 4 wires off of the transmission that I can’t figure out go where. There are two bigger black wires and two smaller green wires. Can anybody help figure out what color wires they’re supposed to attach to?

Forgot to mention that it’s an automatic transmission

Comment

From research I have found that they are off the neutral safety switch. But I have no idea which wires go to which

Comment

page 12-19 of the Haynes manual has a "starting and charging system" wiring diagram for 1993 and earlier Festivas.
        It shows a blk/red wire going into the park/neutral position switch for the automaic transmission and a blk/blu wire comming out.
        That switch is equivalnet to the clutch pedal position switch on the manual transmission.
        Hope that helps.

BTW people have posted links to wiring diagrams. Perhaps if you type "wiring diagram" into the search box at the top right hand corner of the screen some will show up.
        Last edited by WmWatt; 08-31-2018, 06:41 PM.
        Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

Comment

Here is a copy of the wiring diagram:
          https://m.facebook.com/groups/187474...51076890914959 best i can do while away from home

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
          X