Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cv shaft clicking..how to tell which one....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cv shaft clicking..how to tell which one....

....its been discussed on here before and I did a search but couldn't find the link. When I turn right I get the cv clicking noise. Does that mean my left cv needs replaced or right? Also, is there a certain brand cv axle you guys prefer? Thanks

Yep, turning right loads the outer bearings on the driver's side CV axle, so they click.
    Last edited by TominMO; 08-26-2018, 08:19 PM.
    90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
    09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

So it is the drivers side cv so would that be the right? On rock auto they ask for a left or right axle. I'm assuming thats looking at the car from the front, right would be drivers side or am I all wet?

Comment

Drivers side is the short axle. Pass side is the long axle. Right and left always confuses me too.

Comment

Right and left is always from driver's position.
          Last edited by bravekozak; 08-26-2018, 09:42 PM.

Comment

^^which makes standing in front of the car working on the engine somewhat confusing
            Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

Comment

Originally posted by WmWatt View Post
              ^^which makes standing in front of the car working on the engine somewhat confusing
              Agree.

Comment

Working...
              X