Delurk and vacuum questions...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delurk and vacuum questions...

I'm trying to sort out what previous owners have done to a poor, abused '89 Festy L. I have the EVTM, haven't snagged a shop manual yet. If I read this correctly, the green vacuum valve on the firewall is EGR #2. The top port is connected to fresh air on the air cleaner, lower port looks like a factory connection to the vacuum rail. The center port is just flappin' in the breeze... That goes to the EGR modulator, correct? I've got a green hashed line on the modulator, holds vacuum, and haven't been able to locate the other end. Can anyone confirm that should be the connection to EGR 2?

Also have a blown upper diaphragm on the vacuum advance. Lower is fine, and that is routed to spark port vacuum. Upper is capped. That provides some advance, but I'd really like to fix it properly. Any pointers to a source for a suitable replacement other that replacing the entire distributor? No joy finding a carbed Festy at the local yards, never mind one that has a working advance.

Thanks, folks. --Quentin Smith

I seem to recall having two spare brand new distributors and a spare advance unit for carbed festies. If you want just the advance unit, how about $10? For the whole dizzy, how about $50?
    Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
    Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

Sir, you are truly a gentleman. Drop me a note at qdsmith@epcomp.com and we'll hash out the details.

--qds

Comment

man Jim i should have asked you before i plopped down 149 bucks for a new distributor. lol
        Jesus is on my dashboard, But the Devil is under my hood
        1988 ford festiva...in limbo, apartments suck
        1995 Ford Aspire...in limbo, wow i need a garage
        2002 vw jetta wagon 2.0L, neuspeed p-flow 1994 Mercury cougar xr-7 v8, lowered, 18's

Comment

Working...
        X