No announcement yet.

Festiva patrons I need your knowledge!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Festiva patrons I need your knowledge!!

Hey guys first an foremost thanks for having me I am a noob to the festiva trend lol. Ok so here is the deal I just bought a solid 93 festiva Gl 1.3 Manuel trans. The gentleman I bought it off from said he drove it around the block an pulled into his drive said he got out an was checking the tires etc. and it shut off. It has no spark, any ideas on why it’d lose spark out of the blue? Also when I move the key to the start position with out turning it over I do not here the fuel pump kick on like any other vehicle I have owned is this normal?

Not to sound like a dumb ass but the main fuse block under the hood near the battery is missing the jumper wire for the “egi” could this be a part of problem and what does egi stand for and what does it do?

Thanks, Allen

You will not hear the fuel pump with the key on, because the festiva only engages the fuel pump while you are cranking the engine, or when it knows that the engine is running. As for the spark, I would verify that all three fusable links are intact (right side, under the hood, those looped wires). You need all three, so if one is missing that could be your problem. Next, make sure that your main ignition coil lead didn't fall off. The single spark wire from the coil to the distributor. They're just hanging in space, and it's possible to fall off when they are old/tired/flopping around.

Comment

The three jumper wires are actually fuses. People tend to replace them with long tail fuses. If you go to the top right corner of the screen and enter "fusable links" into the search box you should get lots of information on them. Sorry to direct you to the search but I don't know the information myself.
      Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

Comment

welcomsign
        Welcome. The very first thing to check is the inertia switch.
        It will shut the fuel pump off in the event of an impact or big bump.

Comment

correction: "fusible links"
          Both "fusable" and "fusible" return threads
          Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

Comment

Ok I replaced the cap an rotar still no spark.. I checked the fuel safety all is good didn’t need to be reset. Took a light tester and checked the two prong connector to the coil I have a soild light in one prong and nothing in the other... any ideas guys?

Comment

Did you replace all 3 fuseable links with something like this yet? The oem ones are problematic and can loose connection even when they appear good.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
              X