1993 ford festiva L transmission question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1993 ford festiva L transmission question

Ok so what is the mount location difference between a 3 bolt and four bolt trans I have a 4bolt trans but what would it take to put a 3 bolt in my car they are easier to come by

See the three black bolts on the side of this transmission in this link (bottom of picture) ... they attach the front transmission mount bracket to the side of the transmission.
    My understanding is that only a very few of the late production 1993's had four bolts for the bracket instead of three. I've owned 7 Festivas and I've never seen one with four bolts for the mount bracket.

Since I have never seen or worked with a transmission with 4 bolts to attach the bracket, I can't say for sure, but I would assume all you would need is to be sure that you get a transmission with the 3 bold bracket attached and it should slip right into place around the dampener housing.
    Or else get someone to sell you a 3 bolt mount bracket if you can't get it with the transmission. Can someone else who has seen one of the 4 bolt mounting brackets chime in here?
    Last edited by 1990new; 09-29-2018, 05:53 PM.

Comment

I would guess only a three bolt bracket.

Comment

Thank you I will see what I can figure out

Comment

Working...
        X