New festiva, ultra low km preventative maintenance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New festiva, ultra low km preventative maintenance

Hey guys, just bought this 93 festiva, it has 48000km on it and has been well looked after but obviously not used much.
    Everything looks brand new but I'm guessing not much has been changed/serviced n in the last 25 years. Just wondering what parts you'd recommend doing some servicing to?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I plan to do engine oil+filter, fuel filter, trans oil and flush/replace coolant.

Comment

Very nice! Congratulations! Have a look at the rear wheel bearings and maybe regrease them. The oil may have come out of the grease by now. Does the sun deteriorate plastics bad down there or not too much? If it does theres some parts you should inspect.
      Do vehicles rust bad out there? If so are you willing to do some rust prevention?

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

Oh wow, that's beautiful!

Sent from a mental institution
        Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
        Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
        "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

Originally posted by ryanprins13 View Post
          Very nice! Congratulations! Have a look at the rear wheel bearings and maybe regrease them. The oil may have come out of the grease by now. Does the sun deteriorate plastics bad down there or not too much? If it does theres some parts you should inspect.
          Do vehicles rust bad out there? If so are you willing to do some rust prevention?

She's a beauty hey.
          We do get a bit of sun damage here only on the bumpers and not that bad, Is there a product I can use to minimise it?
          This car has been garaged it's whole life and has absolutely no rust whatsoever. And my other Mazdas have no rust and they've been left outside the whole time. We don't use salt on the roads in winter like you guys. Pretty lucky here.

Comment

I might add that I only paid 2500 aud for it which is roughly 1700 usd. How much did that ebay one go for again?!

Comment

man that was a steal!

Comment

Originally posted by Robalan View Post
                I might add that I only paid 2500 aud for it which is roughly 1700 usd. How much did that ebay one go for again?!

Haha, like 6k+. That was a great deal you got. I think a lot of us would have bought that. If you see another one and want to ship it for free to north america.....

Comment

Originally posted by ryanprins13 View Post
                  Haha, like 6k+. That was a great deal you got. I think a lot of us would have bought that. If you see another one and want to ship it for free to north america.....

God what a great buy!
                  If you find one just like it, Carolyn and I will take a cruise ship down to pick it up!

As the water pump seal and timing belt age with time, I would consider doing a 60K (mile, 100K kilometer) service soon.

Wow, what a find!
                  No car too fast !

Comment

Working...
                  X