Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Main fuse

Hey guys I have a 93 1.3.

My fuse-able link blew when my battery died at the drive in. I replaced the fuse-able link with just an inline fuse. Any how sense then my alternator is constantly putting out 15.6 volts.
    I removed every fuse in the fuse panel and it is still drawing 15.6 volts.
    Has anyone run into this issue before.
    Last edited by SPLEW60; 10-25-2018, 10:54 AM.

When I was over charging I had to replace the alternator. The voltage regulator inside had gone bad. Mine started putting out something ridiculous like 26 volts. Melted bulbs, burned up my ECU. Might want to pull it and have it bench tested at a McParts store.

Sent from a mental institution
    Last edited by scitzz; 10-25-2018, 11:11 AM.
    Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
    Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
    "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

You have a new/newer battery that you for sure know is good right? That voltage is high but its not too far off. I spilled an oio filter full of oil onto my alternator once. Cleaned it with brake cleaner, blew it all out and it would sometimes put out 15.something volts, then do like 13.5 volts. After a week it evened out to 14.4 and has been fine ever since.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
      Last edited by ryanprins13; 10-25-2018, 11:12 AM.

Comment

The first thing that i thought was the alternator so I just went ahead and replaced it with a new one.
        The battery is also brand new...
        So far i have put 2 new alternators in it and they do the same thing...they are putting so much out that they are overheating the bearings on it?

Comment

Alternator Repair, what is an alternator, bad alternator symptoms,help diagnosis alternator problem, how an alternator works, repair, rebuilding insructions,GEN BATT ALT light on,headlights dim

Comment

Working...
          X