Parcel Shelf Woes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parcel Shelf Woes

Ever since I bought my Festiva the shelf has been a PITA because I would have to take it off everytime I shut the trunk. I never knew until recently that it was supposed to lift up with the hatch, etc. The previous owner banged the shelf a few times and the corners are coming up and what not, but I might make a new one myself in the future.

Anyhow: Stupid question. How do I hook the shelf up to the hatch like it's supposed to be? I know it has two ropes or whatever you want to call them. What do I do with them?

Thanks,
    Karl

Should be two pegs on the hatch, one on either side, that the strings loop on to.

Comment

I've had the car for almost 6 years and have never seen them. I feel stupid now. I'll take a look when I go home this weekend. Thanks!

Comment

Haha, I know that feel. Could be that they're gone too though....It's entirely possible that someone removed them at some point through the years, they're only held on by a single screw each.

Comment

Theres more hardware than that.
          You will have to by them from a member probably.
          Post a want to buy in the Buy/sell thread for the Package tray /Hatch hardware.
          If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

Use some starter pull rope for the cargo cover.
            It's way nicer, smoother and stronger than the ugly factory nylon ropes.

I have some hardware somewhere. The problem is which bin is it in?
            I know I also have a cargo cover somewhere.

Last edited by bravekozak; 10-31-2018, 08:12 PM.

Comment

Sent you a PM brave

Comment

No pegs to be found. If anybody has any hardware they'd be willing to sell, I'll bite

Comment

Working...
                X