No announcement yet.

Fusable Links & Wiring Diagram Source Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It really gives me a good feeling when a simple update like this really works out with outstanding results. The starter nearly twists the little Festy in half when I barely hit the key. I always have at least four 'daily drivers' and the 89 Festiva is my late model DD for the last number of years. If you really like old cars of all makes/models, check out the rebuilds and upgrades over a four year period on our 1964 Datsun 1200 Sport Truck at:

Not quite a year ago I did some toy trading and brought home a NL320. The engine had a weak lower end but other than that the little pickup was a very complete and solid survivor. After a water pump, hoses, & belt change I enjoyed a once a week or so drive to work and short local buzzes and j...

About a year ago the PhotoBucket photo hosting site de-linked the photos that they were hosting for non-paying 'Freebie' users. It nearly crashed the Ratsun (vintage Datsun) forum. If you try to visit the site and most pics don't display in the posts and you're using Google Chrome, there's a download that will allow the pics to be displayed.I can supply a link to the GC download fix if anyone is interested.

Comment

Is is possible to replace the fusible link block with a regular blade fuse box? Just for easier future maint? Since mine, the back main blade has disintegrated completely so there's nothing left TO clean/fix...

Comment

Is is even possible to replace the fusible link block with a regular blade fuse box? Just for easier future maint? Or is that just not a good idea... I ask because mine, the main blade on the back has disintegrated completely so there's nothing left TO clean/fix...

Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
        I'll repeat what I said before.
        Our old cars have many decades of oxidation on the terminals.
        I bought a good terminal extractor and removed all of my terminals from every connector and ground on my Festiva.
        I wire brushed the ones that weren't bad and pushed them back into the connectors one at a time.
        The ones that were totally greenish blue and ready to fall off were replaced with new factory Yazaki terminals from easternbeaver.com

Only about a quarter of an inch of wire was lost.
        The terminals were brand new again.
        Just do them one at a time so you don't mix up the wires.

Comment

Is is even possible to replace the fusible link block with a regular blade fuse box? Just for easier future maint? Or is that just not a good idea... I ask because mine, the main blade on the back has disintegrated completely so there's nothing left TO clean/fix...

Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
          I'll repeat what I said before.
          Our old cars have many decades of oxidation on the terminals.
          I bought a good terminal extractor and removed all of my terminals from every connector and ground on my Festiva.
          I wire brushed the ones that weren't bad and pushed them back into the connectors one at a time.
          The ones that were totally greenish blue and ready to fall off were replaced with new factory Yazaki terminals from easternbeaver.com

Only about a quarter of an inch of wire was lost.
          The terminals were brand new again.
          Just do them one at a time so you don't mix up the wires.

Comment

If yours are beyond hope the only choice you have is to try to find a used one in good condition or replace it with an aftermarket fuse block,.
            This one on Amazon looks like it would work ok and even give you an extra terminal that you could use to add an under hood light that would come on when you opened the hood.

Comment

Working...
            X